Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our summer house

We like to call the house we're building our "summer home" because we can either laugh about not having sold our current home or we can curl up in a ball and cry. Laughing seems like the better choice. Today we went to see the progress on our new house. They started digging last Thursday and already our foundation is poured. Why did we have to chose such an efficient builder? While we were at the house another neighbor stopped by and introduced herself. She told us how great the neighborhood was and then asked, "were we LDS?" After replying in the affirmative, she went on to tell us how great the ward was. Cool. Grace said a funny thing while we were driving to our new home, marveling at all the stores we had nearby.

Grace: "Mom will be happy because there is a Starbucks."
Me: "Yeah, but I've got to stop drinking those expensive lemonades."
Grace: "Why? Do they give you gas?"
Ryan: "Everything gives your mom gas."

The garages.

The back of the house.

Basement bedroom and family room.

I tried this new thing with my hair, putting it up. What do you think? Oh and that's the basement door into our cold storage room.

Hanna wanted a picture of her with the horses on the pasture behind our house.

You can see the freeway and the high school from our house in the winter. Watch out! The Pioneers are coming. They'll walk you to death.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - looks like you will move in before us the rate we are going. With being sick and doing library board stuff this week, seems like we haven't made much headway.
Things are looking good - thanks for posting the pics.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend
Becky

Monti said...

Cold Storage? Don't you mean AK-47 storage/ Bomb shelter? The last days are here!

Everything there looks great. That was fast!

Shea said...

I was thinking it would be a good bomb shelter. You won't be laughing when we are safe in our bunker and you've turned to ashes.

Monti said...

Oh, I *will* be laughing because I won't have to live in a world where gasoline and bullets are scarce and mutants worship old A-bombs.

Also, did I mention mutants?

Shea said...

I'm filling my basement with bullets and my backyard with an underground million gallon gas tank. Then I'm going to build a mutant shield around our house.

Natalie said...

Love the hair, Shea! Love the foundation and the especially love the horses that you can enjoy looking at but don't have to take care of!

Nicole said...

How exciting Shea!! Brings back memories for me!

Lori-Ann said...

Wow the house is really coming along...I'm lmao at everything giving you gas. Looks like a gorgeous neighbourhood.

Sandra said...

Mom's gas is apparently a common theme in the Van Fleet home eh? That's hilarious. I like the hair up, looks good. Makes me weep a wee bit that my hair is so short now. But I'm just not good at growing it out anymore. Now there's a mom thing for you.