Ryan: What are you doing in the toilet?!
Grace: Hanna said she wanted to know what it felt like and then I wanted to.
While this is a scene neither of us wanted to walk in on, it does lend itself to great teasing. Tonight I asked Grace if she had cleaned her newly pierced ears and she said she had. Ryan interjected, "Not with toilet water, right?"
We spent most of today working on the interior of the house. We had bought a ceiling fan for the living room and pendant lights for over the island. Here's a little fact: Ryan is terrified of electricity. I don't know which he is more afraid of, electricity or spiders. No, it's definitely electricity. He almost had me get him one of my precious Xanax so he could wire these lights. He did a great job though and I'm very pleased with the results. I was able to get a nice nap in on the couch while he worked. Earlier in the day, Hanna and I took a trip to IKEA. I'd been promising her some room decor and today seemed like a good day to get that done. IKEA just rocks. Now I know some things might not be the greatest quality, but when you're looking for cheap decorations for a kids room, you can't beat it. I got her these adorable wall adhesives for her room for only $9.99 and I was able to put them up without much cursing.
She also picked out this butterfly print after I told her she couldn't have the photo of two Shetland ponies. (Mean but Shetland ponies are scary)

Then she picked out two of the KRABB mirrors because a lady has gots to look fine.

10 comments:
are you aiming to get the worst mom award by posting that story of grace in the toilet? lol ;)
I love the adhesives. I am going to re-do Lily's room soon and I plan on doing it Ikea-style! I love Ikea too, it just makes me happy to buy things that are such a price!
Ter it's good for them to play in the toilet. Builds their immune systems. That's why we are never sick. ;)
What a good idea -- I need to take Annalise to Ikea. We need to get some more "grownup" things to put on her wall. Grace in the toilet -- totally made me laugh. Too funny!
This post makes me wish we lived 10 min from IKEA. So - how did it feel to stand in the toilet? Now I am curious.
Becky
ps - we took out one of BEth's earings last night for a test and it was a bad idea. Was surprised that it oozed and was painful since she has had no pain or redness thus far- definitely have to wait a while longer before trying out some of her new earings.
You might wish you lived 10 minutes from IKEA but not here right now. That rooster won't shut up and my redneck neighbours have finally made an appearance only to start cutting down a big tree that borders our property. I don't get why people cut down trees? Ryan said it was either to eat the squirrels in it or build a dirt bike track.
I'm leaving the girls in all summer. It's mean but I want them nice and healed.
OMG I'm lmao at the dirt bike track! That actually sounds like fun though. lol! I love IKEA too..haven't been in so long though.
I have to agree with you - I bet standing in the toilet would build up the immune system...I may try that with my kids. :)
Poor Gracie got caught. LOL.
The room decor is great. I can't wait to see it all in person. Just one more month!!
Tell Ryan next time that turning off the electricity to the whole house before he does that is a good idea...;)
I was laughing when I read about the girls in the toilet. What they won't think of. :)
Post a Comment