Last week was Spring Break and we stayed home but filled our days with endless fun. That's how we roll. My brother's family visited for part of the time, which is always a lot of fun. The big deal was getting the girl's ears pierced. My parents sent them each $20 for Spring Break and I told them if they wanted their ears pierced they could pay for it. Yep, I'm that kind of mom. They ran into their rooms and got me that money before I could even end the sentence. I took them on Wednesday with Nana to a Claire's at the mall and they bravely got them pierced. I just have to brag and say that they didn't even flinch. I thought for sure Miss Sensitive Gracie would have a tear or two but no, not even a frown. So yeah, Ryan wasn't that excited about it but he admitted it wasn't that bad, just like his dad did when Ryan got his ear pierced as a teenager. That's right.
Grace laughing at Hanna acting "nervous" before the piercing.
Done
Another part of our Spring Break fun was going to the Kennecott Copper Mine. Only the world's largest open pit copper mine. Jealous? There was swimming too (not at the mine) so don't think I can't be a fun mom. I did print out a worksheet for the kids to do at the mine, which kept them nice and occupied. I told the kids they would receive a prize if they filled it out correctly. When they were done they asked me what the prize was, to which I answered, "The gift of knowledge children and this shirt that says, Kennecott, One Hell of a Hole."
The kids had their eyes closed in every picture so they don't make the final cut. I think my sunglasses might be on the verge of being a tad too large. I'm no Zsa Zsa Gabor. And yes, it was cold. Our Spring Break included about six inches of fresh snow.
That's a big hole ya got there.
8 comments:
I know you always joke about being short, but that last photo, you really do look like a kid! :)
Great photos and stories. I wish you luck with getting a job. I know how hard that can be especially in this day and age.
Sounds like you made the most of your spring break...snow!?! Yikes. I hope it's over for you. Loving the sunglasses BTW. You are one cool mom letting your girls get their ears pierced!
Wow. I haven't been up to Kennecott in years. Nice pictures. And the girls are darling, as always. They look so cute with their new earrings. You look great too.
Oh Shea - it is always fun to hang out with you. Sending good vibes on the job front.
Becky
I love your answer to the girls! It made me laugh.
Good luck on your job search!
Great spring break. I love that mine. They used to have the big tires open, no plexiglass or anything, when I was a kid. We have a picture of me and my six siblings (at the time) up and in that big tire. Alas, it was sealed up last time I visited back in 2003.
Good luck with the job hunt!!
I took the kids to Kennecott last summer. It wasn't their favorite activity we did. I hope your girls enjoyed it more :)
Adorable ear piercings :)
And good luck on finding a job.
Post a Comment