Things are going well here at the new house. I'm taking suggestions for a fake town name. I don't think I want to use the real name on the blog. I'm sure someone could figure it out if they tried hard enough but I will take this baby step to be more safe. The commute still stinks and has been made even stinkier by the horrible "spring" weather we have been receiving. Snow, snow, some rain, followed by more snow, followed by me driving my car off a bridge just to end the misery. I did see cherry blossoms on the trees outside out kitchen window yesterday and it brought a tear to my eye. Spring is lurking but the damn snow won't let it in. We celebrated Ryan's THIRTY-EIGHTH birthday on the first. He bought himself a scooter jacket from the Scooter Lounge and ordered his helmet online. Next step, a side car for the family to ride in. Maybe I'll saddle up one of the horses in the backyard and we can take a ride together. The farm behind us has proved useful in my plan to not have a pet of our own but give my kids the experience of having a pet. We have named the big tabby cat "Sammy" because all tabby cats should be named that. He was having a fight the other night and I went outside to talk to him, you know, to see if everything was okay. Ryan yelled at me to stop talking to the cat. He thinks I'm secretly trying to make the cat, our cat. Possibly.
Since I have the blessed internet now, I thought it would be good to post some pictures of events that have gone on recently.
We went skiing with Ryan's Aunt Charlotte and his cousin Taylor met us there. We had a great time and the girls once again amazed me with their skiing abilities. They are much more fearless than I am.
Hanna showing her trick skiing skills. This isn't the best example of their skiing but I thought it was funny.
Kids Skiing from Shea on Vimeo.
The ladies celebrated Amanda's birthday on Friday and after a fabulous dinner at P.F. Chang's, we came back to my house. We messed around with the camera a bit because that's the kind of thing we like to do, or Amanda likes to do. I took this awesome picture of her. It looks 80's glam to me.
Karen got a little frisky, I think due to too many Dr. Peppers, but I was like, "Karen, I'm just not that into you."
7 comments:
TAKE THAT PICTURE OFF! Oh my gosh, that is not a good angle and how come it looked so much better on your camera then on the computer? THANKS! SKi pics are cute. I am off to check out the ski video.
Jonesy it's a great picture! Are you putting down my photo taking abilities?
welcome back.
glad you had fun skiing, and backwards skiing too, oh my, I'd pee my pants.
I'll be waiting for the multi media presentation, can't wait to see more of the house.
For your fake name, I was thinking something 'Wisteria Lane-y" or maybe Springfield... The possibilities are endless! Have fun with that!
You are so fun. Good luck with the town's name!
Great update Shea - can't wait to see the house pics/presentation.
Waiting with anticipation for the "presentation", whatever it turns out to be! As for the name of where you live, I vote for HOE Town (Heaven On Earth.) Or something like that.
Post a Comment