Monday, September 03, 2007

I be up in the gym working on my fitness. He's my witness.

Ryan bought me an iPod Shuffle off a friend over a year ago and I use it when I'm running. When I run I like music that motivates me and has a good beat. It has music on it I would never listen to in any other situation but it keeps me running when all I want to do is roll up in a ball on the next lawn and fall asleep. Today this Fergie song came on, which BTW I got from Monti and Becky originally, and I just started laughing at some of the lyrics. One being the title of this post. There is one song that I save for the last five minutes of my run because it almost always keeps me going. I quite enjoy Eminem's "Lose Yourself", it won an Oscar ya know.


First Ten Songs on my Shuffle Today


1. Gorillaz "Feel Good Inc."
First-class beat.
2. Veruca Salt "Seether"
Seether describes how I feel when I get really mad. I can't hide the seether.
3. Avril Lavigne "Girlfriend"
Guilty pleasure with an outstanding beat.
4. The Von Bondis "Come, on come, on"
This is a first-rate (using my thesaurus) song and if you're not watching "Rescue Me" on FX you're missing out.
5. Fergie "Fergalicious"
I know, it's bad but it keeps me entertained while running.
6. Eminem "Lose Yourself"
Five minutes long. It will keep you running those last five minutes.
7. Fegie "Barracuda"
Appreciable remake of the Heart song.
8. Modest Mouse "Float On"
This is just a marvelous song with a sterling beat.
9. Blue Oyster Cult "Don't Fear the Reaper"
MORE COW BELL! Remember that church video we watched that said this song was evil? Good times.
10. Green Day "Holiday"
This is a really excellent song with a hunky-dory beat. I like to turn this up loud in my car and sing along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the running. Might i recommend adding Beastie Boys Sabotage? Its a good motivator.
Did you know I saw Kat Von D? Are you jealous? Talk to you later.
BEcky

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My spelling errors were out of control! Lets try this again.

Look at you working out and all. I need some motivation. I thought by putting the treadmill in the front room that that would give me no excuse not to use it infront of the TV. Now I just give it dirty looks as if it's the treadmills fault that I am thick.

Interesting music mix. I guess that's what you need to keep your mind off of working out while you are working out. Don't loose anymmore weight. First of all you will dwindle away to nothing and second of all (for selfish reason's) it makes me feel fat. Good on ya for being healthy. I Just had three twinkies for dinner. :(