Monday, September 17, 2007

Sunflowers


The sunflowers are taking over! None of these wild sunflowers were planted but I love how they have made a natural fence in front of our house. There is one that started growing beside our mailbox and it's so big now that it's hard to get the mail. The tall ones with the little flowers started out as one tiny plant we ordered from Gurney's. I'm always amazed when something actually thrives here. Why can't my grass and tomato plants do this well?




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Pookie!
What you probaly don't know is that your friendly neighbourhood Deer hate sunflowers, peonies, and gloriosa daisy etc. I think your yard is almost as pretty as your moms. Keep up the good work!\
Remember who's birthday it is tomorow. She gets to Sub tomorrow, Then I'm taking her to crappy Tony Romas for supper, I guess its a step up from Costco, seen how I'm such a big spender...

love Dad

Say Hi to the girls from me..

Jen Sue Wild said...

Your yard looks great!!!! I love all the sunflowers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss our sunflowers. Everything looks so beautiful!!

Susan said...

Love the sunflowers!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! Looks like Kristin and Vince left you a gift when they momved. Seeds must have blown over because they didn't grow at all up one street from you at our old house. Your Dad is funny:D

Ter said...

I love the sunflowers. It looks really nice in your yard like that. Maybe I should do that with my front yard to keep people from using it as a short cut! ;)

Nicole said...

Wow! I love sunflowers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea, what beutiful sunflowers. You took great pictures too. Love Mom

Quinn said...

I LOVE Sunflowers. They have so much meaning and hope for me. They always make me smile.

I am so glad you have sunflowers.