Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Miserable Degrees
We have been having quite the cold and snow pounding in Utah for the last couple of weeks. It has seemed more like the last couple of months because every day seems like an eternity. Can it really be this gloomy and cold for this many days without one wanting to off themselves? The joy of joys is that I get to be on recess duty because our principal must have grown up in Siberia and thinks that staying inside when it's 10 degrees out is for pantywaists. I was reading Dooce today and noticed that her Daily Photo was of my fine area of the Wasatch Front. I live on the same mountains just a few minutes north of where this photo was taken. She is right on the mark when she described it as "MISERABLE DEGREES FAHRENHEIT."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Shea, 10 F is only -10 C That is not very cold. You have forgotten how to live with cold. We are only having -2 C now but Monday was -23 C. Now that is cold! Mom
i was outside on supervision yesterday too and it sucked - oh winter, it's about the only thing I don't like about Canada. Makes pouring concrete a challenge best left for a warm spell. Think warm thoughts!
Becky
10 degrees -- no thank you. I don't miss that type of weather at all. Though the weather here in northern California has been yucky. It's been windy & rainy for the past week with no signs of letting up. Is it spring yet?
Miserable degrees here too. But our kids haven't had outdoor recess for a couple of weeks. They don't go out when it is less than 20 degrees. Today it is finally supposed to get into the thirties.
Good thing that you bought that warm coat or you would have been kicking us both. That was such a great deal.
Nice Photo.
oh gosh, I thought it was just me who was thinking this was about one of the most miserable, cold winters in history.
Post a Comment