Monday, January 07, 2008

New Year, New Guilt

I know a lot of people make resolutions at the beginning of a New Year but I'm not one of those people. I'm constantly trying to lose ten pounds and spend less money so why even bother? I work out because if I don't, I start to get depressed and that makes every one's life miserable. I've had about a month away from the gym and I'm feeling like calling up my doctor and begging him for some Wellbutrin. I've avoided antidepressants thus far but if something doesn't change soon I might join that club. Whaa poor me. I think I'm going to steal a resolution from a friend, only because I thought it was something I might be able to accomplish. I'm going to learn to curse better. I've got the damn, hell, shit trio down and they come out rather too effortlessly but I think it's time to move on to bigger curse words. You can use your imagination here but by the end of next year I will hopefully be whipping out the big boys with ease. No one will be able to tell I was raised to fear the curse word and hadn't uttered one until I was well into my teens. I challenge you all to join me in this resolution.

I'm getting my eyes checked today and I'm thinking it's time to get some new frames. I wear contacts during the day but at night and in the morning I often wear my glasses. The frames are getting old and I want new ones. I have yet to be happy with the frames I pick out. I've been wearing glasses since I was 12 (some of you might remember my awesome blue glasses) and I haven't really liked any of them. My goal is to find some I love and will wear more often. I was looking on Ebay and found some I like. Tell me what you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about glasses. I want "smart girl" glasses like she has on 30 Rock. I will have to have Larry help me find some. He's very stylish.

Kim

Susan said...

I think I had a similar pair at one time. Just kidding ...
I got new glasses last summer. I ended up asking everyone in the store for their opinion as I was at the eye doctor by myself. It's hard to pick out glasses when you can't see yourself clearly in the mirror. :^) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

First of all, good luck on your new years resolution. It sounds like your well on you way keeping this one, lol. Love the specks. They look like Grandma glasses.

Nicole said...

Hmmm, you're so tiny and these glasses look big. Maybe it's just the picture.

Lori-Ann said...

I'm LMAO at the curse word resolution. Good luck with that one!!

Luisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!! So, guess what, I'm 30 today. Ugh. And let me tell you I feel ugly today. Maybe eating myself silly at Tucanos will help! Hope you have a great day and feel gorgeous. Maybe get yourself a new pair of glasses or something!

Ter said...

oh yes, you'll look great with those glasses. ;)