Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Action pants

I was teaching grade one the other day in my $100 jeans. That's right, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a pair of jeans. I think I'm having some sort of mid-life jean crisis because my mom wouldn't buy me $40 Jordache jeans at Eatons when I was nine. Instead, my mom made my jeans and embroidered rainbows or put stop sign patches on them. Which I now realize was very hard and time consuming for her, so thanks mom. Anyway, back to my $100 jeans. I was lining the kids up for lunch and one of the boys said, "are those Hannah Montana jeans?" "What? No!" That's right, my $100 jeans apparently look like something a tween pop star would wear. Whatever, I still love them.

I was searching for "Hannah Montana jeans" on Google and I came across the greatest thing ever. Action jeans! Chuck Norris is awesome! I'm going to invent a time machine so I can travel back in time and buy a pair of these because I hate it when my jeans bind my legs.

12 comments:

Quinn said...

And I felt bad about my $30.00 Jeans ;) I need to show this to my husband.

Anonymous said...

I need me some gusset pants so I can do a roundhouse to the head.
Becky

Shea said...

the word "gusset" is funny.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Woohoo Its leting me post today.
LOL What a way to sell jaens .

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I think you would look great in those Chuck Norris jeans. But I would be really afraid that you might need to get a restraining order from Mel. t Mel would not be able to keep her hands off you then.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is worth it to spend some money on something you know you will wear to death. I have bought plenty of stuff on the cheap that sits in my closet.
Becky

Anonymous said...

If you like the word gusset, check this out:
http://www.gussetclothing.com/

Anonymous said...

Plus they are only $19.95. What a bargain. Who knew Chuck Norris was so flexible?
Jen H

Anonymous said...

Mom said...I made you and Monti jeans out of necessity because you both were so tiny that we almost couldn't find jeans or pants to fit you. I took a class at Relief Society on how to sew jeans that looked almost like ones you would buy. It was actually fun and gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

Monti said...

Tiny…

I liked the fact that you could sew anything you wanted on the back pockets.

I'll bet you still have that giant spool of jean thread.

Shea, do you remember going with dad to buy jeans out of some guy's basement?

Shea said...

Yes! That was weird. I remember there weren't any jeans in my size. Actually, I went to a jean "party" at a neighbor's house last year. Not in the basement but same idea.

Lori-Ann said...

Love the Action Jeans Shea!! Great find. lol!