Friday, May 02, 2008

Hanna's emergency kit

Hanna told me the other day that she was taking an "emergency kit" to school with her. I assumed it had a bandage in it and that's about all. Okay, honestly, I just didn't care that much to really think about it. That's the kind of attentive mom I am. Yesterday night Ryan lifted up her backpack to get her lunch box out and he was surprised by how heavy it was. He questioned Hanna about it and she told him it was her "emergency kit" that was making it so heavy. I was in the living room when I hear Ryan telling her that "she is too small to carry a backpack that heavy." Then I hear Hanna start to cry. They were in there for a while talking and Hanna eventually stopped crying. Ryan came out and started to tell me what was going on, except he couldn't talk because he kept laughing. Apparently this was what was in Hanna's "emergency kit":

craft wire
pieced of felt
mirror
(this is where Ryan started to laugh)
three hats
several pairs of gloves "because she might take us with her"
two children's quiz books
pens
picture frame
Montana highway map (apparently our "emergency" involves us driving through Montana)

When Ryan asked her why she needed an "emergency kit", she told him, "because she thought it would be a fun experience." Oh Hanna.

7 comments:

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

you should take a photo of her emergency kit for future reference. If I ever go to Utah, i will know what I need to pack in my emergency kit...........I was expecting her to pack some white rice.

Lori-Ann said...

Shea that is hilarious and so sweet.

Susan said...

That's priceless!

Ter said...

uh, that's exactly what's supposed to be in an emergency kit, don't you know anything? ;)

hehehe this will make a good story when she's older!

Kristin said...

This just seems so Hanna. She is such a cute girl. This world needs more Hannas. Hmmm. Maybe I'll start a fun emergency kit of my own. Where to start? lol.

Luisa said...

My kids do that ALL the time. Maybe it's because our stake always does emergency practices between conference sessions so they know all about their 72 hr kits and whatnot. Mara always packs really useful things-- like a hairbrush, detangler, hairclips. If there is an emergency, at least she looks good, right?

Jen Sue Wild said...

You go Hannah.. The girl knows how to be prpared.