The title of this entry has nothing to do with what I'm going to write about. I heard it on The Simpson's last night and it made me laugh.
Yesterday we met with our realtor and I'm looking forward to working with her. She suggested we price our house at $239,900 which I think might be high but you never know. Of course I think our house is worth that but I'm obviously biased. We're not in a rush so we'll wait and see if anyone bites. We have been cleaning a lot and I'm so sick of it. I wish we could just back a dumpster up the the basement and load it all in.
I "volunteered" at field day today and was assigned to the blow-up bouncy slide. It was hot (93) and I had already been roped into subbing 2nd grade yesterday where they took a walking field trip to the park. So basically in the last two days I have spent 8 hours telling/yelling at kids to "stop that!" Is this why I majored in education? I'm working the rest of the week which is going to make leaving for Mexico even sweeter.
Hanna told us today that her teacher had the test results for the state math test and Hanna received the highest mark, 47/48. This is awesome because I was always intimidated by math and I'd love it if Hanna and Grace didn't have that issue.
Time to end this post because I'm heading to the church for Enrichment (women's night) where they are going to show us how to make food out of our (nonexistent) food storage. Wheat chili! Brownies made out of beans! I'll be there! I'm thinking a trip after it's over to a store that supplies real food might be necessary.
ETA: We left enrichment after the first half hour and went home to watch American Idol. Eeevol!
5 comments:
Oh, the joys of food storage -- I have a shelf in the garage as we have no pantry in the kitchen. But I have a cake recipe using lentils. As weird as that sounds, it's actually not bad. You can have it if you want? :)
Susan you made me that cake once! It was really good and I would like to have it.
Did you made powdered milk ice cream?
Sounds like Hanna is a genius. Nice work. Tell me more about this Mexico trip. Will you be done at work this week, or will school still be on when you get back? Laters
Becky
Shea
I couldn't help but comment, sell your home yourself all you need is a Utah Real Estate Contract, and Real Estate full discloser agreement all which can be downloaded on the Web. Real Estate agents don't do one thing you can't do yourself. If she charges you the standard 6% that is $14,394 you are paying her. The only benefit she has is access to the MLS. Do sell by owner, and you can buy $ 14K worth of Gap cloths. Just a thought. Also look at www.forsalebyowner.com there fees are around $500.
Mark Jones
Thanks Mark but we're getting an awesome deal from Angela. She's a trooper's wife so she is selling our house for 1%. If we buy a house with her (which we are planning on doing) she'll refund our 1%. The only thing I'm not happy about is if she doesn't bring our buyer, we have to pay the realtor who does 3%. So I'm really hoping she finds us a buyer.
Post a Comment