Monday, May 05, 2008

Just who do you think you are, anyway, Mayberry's answer to Cary Grant?

Today was Ryan's big promotion ceremony in Sandy. I'm glad I decided to call in sick (integrity?) so that I could be there to see it. He told me I didn't need to go but when we got there they had each trooper who was promoting introduce their family members who came. Plus the wife or mother was supposed to pin their new badge on. Ryan would have looked like a loser if he didn't have anyone there. Best wife ever!

Ryan being sworn in. I think the guy on the end wore a short sleeve uniform to show off his massive arms. C.E.R.T guys are douchebags. What? Who said that?

I watched the previous wives fumble around with the badges and I wasn't going to do that. I pinned that baby on in seconds. The colonel said, "I think that's a record." I then gave the crowd a thumbs up and cheesey smile. Nothing but entertainment from this one.


Ryan's mom was a very proud. Oh yeah, me too.

"If there's anything that upsets me, it's having people say I'm sensitive." One of Ryan's favourite tv shows is Andy Griffith, so I used some quotes from the show here. I think Ryan wishes he could be Sheriff Taylor but Sergeant Van Fleet is just as good. Plus, I'm a lot less bitchy or bossy than Aunt Bee.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ryan!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ryan!
I hope that in the next few years to see you running the whole outfit.
Who is the slim hottie pinning the badge on you?
Her mother has lost weight for Shea's and her trip to Mexico.... they will probaly pick up a couple of pool boys down there and not come home....

Dad....

Susan said...

Congratulations Ryan!

Lori-Ann said...

Congratulations to Ryan!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ryan!!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

congrats Ryan!

did you use the word douchebag??? LOL Its catching on!!!!

Mellykins

Nicole said...

Congratulations Ryan!

Monti said...

Nice going Ryan!

Ter said...

way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarge! Mom Toly

Quinn said...

Congratulations to Ryan, and to the best wife ever.