Sunday, May 18, 2008

As long as they're clean, who cares?


I saw this on Postsecret today and wondered for a moment if Ryan had sent this in. He's always complaining about my dishwasher loading abilities. You'd think he'd give up after 14 years but, bless his heart, he keeps trying.

We've been doing a lot of cleaning today getting ready for the realtor to come look at the house. I can't believe the amount of crap we've accumulated over the six years we've lived here. I loaded five bags for charity today and they were all clothes! I haven't even got to the toys and other stuff yet. I'm curious to see what the realtor says about our house and how much we should ask for it. This whole thing is putting me in a state of constant pissiness and I don't think I'm much fun to be around. I'm also regretting my decision to work everyday this week. Technically I have Tuesday off but I'm going to count "volunteering" for field day at school as work. One good thing is that this will make the week go by quickly and come Saturday I'll be on a plane for Mexico with my mom. Hola de vacaciones!

12 comments:

Kristin said...

We've been friends for all these years and I never would have guessed that you were below-average at dishwasher loading. My dark secret is that I couldn't fold a fitted sheet and have it look decent to save my life. But oh well.

Quit being pissy. Everything will work out. Have a great time in Mexico!! I am so jealous. Can't wait for the pictures!

Luisa said...

Oh, the joys. I get to look forward to moving for the second time in 2 months! Good luck with selling. When are you moving my way? I can't wait. As far as the dishwashing goes, Jason would be in Special Ed. I have to remind myself that at least he does it. Although half the time I redo it all afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Hey I do a lot of dishwasher reloading too! I also spent some time today going through crap in preparation for putting our house on the market. Good luck.
Becky

Monti said...

At least you have a dishwasher to load. I hate washing dishes by hand.

Susan said...

I'm with you .... as long as the dishes come out clean, it's all good. Have fun in Mexico!

Jen Sue Wild said...

LOL .
Good luck with selling the house . Stuff like that always stresses me out.

Have fun in mexico.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I agree. As long as the dishes get clean, what does it matter???

good luck with the house.

Ter said...

my dishwasher doesnt' clean, so I have to do them by hand. Boo Hoo! Luckily, my hubby likes doing dishes so sometimes I forget to do them so he will. ;)

Hoping the move all works out, and that you have a great time on your trip.

Lori-Ann said...

Shea you are going to have a great time in Mexico!! (I don't let Iain load the dishwashwer myself so I can unfortunately relate to Ryan on this one) Have a great trip!

Quinn said...

Moving is so stressful, as is getting ready to move. Have you decided the area you will be looking at?

Good luck with it all.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. Good luck with your move.

Shea said...

Pleasant Grove area.