Friday, February 16, 2007

Grace's Birthday




Grace had her birthday party today at our house. It went relatively well but I think I should have cut the time by 1/2 hour. We took the easy route with pizza, pinata, cupcakes and presents. We blew the dust of the old Sony and took some video of it. Grace is like a deer in headlights when the camera is on her. It's funny. I did the entire party downstairs which is unfinished so remember that when you're watching the video. I want to add that it isn't garbage in the gargbage bags but clothing we are giving to charity. We just had a huge clean-up of the basement and we're waiting to take it either to the dump or DI. Also the quality of the video isn't great. Ryan told me that when you compress it the quality goes down or something like that. Enjoy.



Here are a couple of still photos. Grace's friend Korbyn gave her a Tamagotchi which at first I thought might be too old for her but she is having a great time with it. In fact I let Hanna use her allowance money to buy one today because she was feeling left out. They're kind of addicting and I admit I don't mind "helping" them take care of it. I'm not going to be looking after it while their in school though. I think she did well present wise, maybe too many little pieces and My Little Pony for my taste. She was happy though and the kids she invited seemed to have a good time. On Monday, her actual birthday, I think we'll just go out to dinner. I can't believe my baby is six. It is true that they grow up too fast.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie, Thanks for inviting us into your home to share your birthday party. You got lots of neat presents. The kids seemed to have fun. I'm glad to see mom had a regular birthday party. Some parties that I've heard about are quite elaborate. I hope you enjoy our presents when they get there. We love you lots.
Shea I've just finished a week of subbing in grade two and had a good time but I am glad I've retired. A week is enough. Give everyone a big hug. Love you lots. Mom and Dad

Lori-Ann said...

Shea- I love the girly girl party and presents. It makes me so excited for Vanessa to get older. We have a very similar set up in our basement- perfect for the kids to play in. Great party- thanks for sharing the movie & pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I feel lame. Even after visiting the website I can't figure out what a Tamagotchi is.

What it is?

(by the way, this is Darin's wife Liz)

Shea said...

The Tamagotchi is a virtual pet.

Nicole said...

Shea- We have 3 tamogotchis!! Jake got one for xmas and then I got Nathan one because he wanted one and now jake got another one for his bday. I agree, they are addicting!!! Looks like Grace had a great party :)

me said...

Looks like a successful turning of 6 to me! Glad everyone had a good time and I hope the Tamagotchi fairs well during the day without them. LOL Thanx for sharing!

Dana Kuzmanovski, M.Ed., BCBA said...

What a great birthday party! I can't believe she's six either!!??

I remember when you delivered her, b/c I was a few weeks behind you with Josh!

Where is the time going, eh?