Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hanna Skiing



Ryan's Aunt Charlotte took him skiing for the first time when he was a little boy so it only seemed right that she be the first one to take Hanna. She lives in Wyoming but was coming to visit Nancy (aka Nana) and asked if she could take Hanna skiing while she was here. When I heard about it I wanted to go also. I love skiing but due to it being super expensive I haven't gone since high school. So this was a great opportunity to have someone to go with and since I have a little money from subbing I could pay for it. We went to Sundance which is probably the worst ski resort in Utah snow wise but it close and cheaper. Hanna took the morning ski class while Char and I skied. I forgot how much fun it was and luckily I was able to remember how to do it. We would see Hanna now and then on the hills and she looked like she was catching on quickly. We picked her up at noon and skied together the rest of the day. I can't believe how quickly she picked it up and how well she did. She was fearless and there were times when I couldn't catch up to her. She loved it and now we're working on Ryan trying to get him excited to go. I thought snowboarding looked doable and maybe I'll try that next time. *Tip* If you click on the pictures you can view them full-screen.

Hanna and Steve the instructor

Here she comes!


Hanna with Aunt Charlotte

Heading up to the top

I'm terrified that Hanna will fall off thanks to a story Char told me.

Hanna must have fallen asleep.

6 comments:

me said...

hehe Too fun! I'm glad the day wa such a success and here's to getting Ryan to go as well! :)

p.s. Snowboarding hurts.

Carol said...

She looks like a natural!!

Lori-Ann said...

WTG Hanna!! I can't wait to get skiing again (next winter for me I guess). Looks like ou all had a great time.

Nicole said...

What a cutie :) Looks like she had a great time!!

mom said...

Wow Hanna, you are a great skiier. It looks like it was not too cold there. You have almost grown your tooth back in. Thanks for the picutres. I'm glad your mom had a good time too. Love you

Dana Kuzmanovski, M.Ed., BCBA said...

Looks like she did great!!!!!!!! :)