Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Me lose brain? Uh, oh! Ha ha ha! Why I laugh?

I've been busy lately trying to update my resume and get my placement file ready to submit to the district. I'm toying with the idea of applying for teaching jobs but I'm getting discouraged. My resume is a joke that might as well say: 33 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO HAS NEVER HAD A REAL JOB. I worked for the Town of Magrath three summers in high school and university, Wendy's while Ryan finished school and that is pretty much it. How do you make that look good? I have my student teaching and some volunteer work but it's pretty depressing. Then to top it off I called BYU today and while I have six evaluations, I have no letters of recommendation in my file. I have no idea why I didn't ask anyone for those and now I obviously regret it. I know the main reason why I wasn't that concerned is that I was pregnant with Hanna when I graduated and didn't think I'd be going back to work anytime soon. Way to think ahead Shea! Not having any sort of real job in the last 7 years has not helped in the recommendation area either. So now I'm racking my brain trying to think of anyone who I worked with in even a remotely professional situation that could write me a letter. I don't even know if I want a job. What I want is to be independently wealthy and travel the world. Why didn't I major in that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...What about all thoughs exciting years you worked and taught in the Young Womens? That has to count for something, eh? J/K

Anonymous said...

Hey Shea - don't fret it - talk about your involvement with PTA and helping out at schools - you know, let your love of education shine through. Weren't you doing some kind of preschool program with some other women where you took turns teaching? You're teaching all the time! Well good luck. I am applying for a job too, and I am not sure if I want it. We'll see. Talk to you later.
SIL