Saturday, October 06, 2007

Is this true?

My thirteen Ebay auctions ended last night and I did quite well. It's always the same thing where things I don't think will sell, sell for a lot and the things I think will do well, don't. I copied my information for my auction template from a friend because I thought it was worded so well. Last night I get a message from the person who won an auction:

"I think I read that you ship to military personel at no charge??? Is that not right?"

Are you smoking crack?! I support the troops and all but this is money and I needs money! I write him back and ask him where he got this idea. I then go to the item description and sure enough, the person who I copied the information from, says she will ship to "those who serve our country for free". Of course this guy won my old winter coat which I was charging $10 shipping for. I wrote him back and told him it was my mistake and I would ship to servicemen/women for free. I haven't heard back from him yet.

So last night Ryan and I are talking in bed and I'm bemoaning the fact that this has happened to me.

"I'm so mad this happened. Can you believe this?"

"Well yes."

"What does that mean!"

"Things like this always happen to you. If there is some way to make things complicated, it happens to you."

What is he talking about? You mean the time my cell phone bill was $100 because I thought I had mobile to mobile but really I didn't? Or the time I was charged $170 for a $20 hat I bought at Hollister? Or the time I tried to win Ryan an iPod doing one of those internet offers and ended up with a Disney Movie Club subscription, a dozen credit cards and no iPod? Maybe he's right, I am like a modern day Lucille Ball.

5 comments:

Luisa said...

I would think those things would happen to me. I always say I'm the absentminded professor type. You seem so thorough and better put together than me. I always feel like I'm barely making it.

Ter said...

haha that sounds like something I would do too.

BTW, I'm trying to get over my fear of Ebay and start selling as I also have a buncha crap in my house. lol. ;)

Jen Sue Wild said...

You make me laugh Shea. My Dh is a like you.

Anonymous said...

That's halarious Shea. I can see you being like, "WHAT, no shipping.....where the hell did you hear that?" Did you enjoy the Reunion of "Rock of Love" or was suppose to be a secret that we watch that trashy show? I was so happy and shocked that Jess broke up with him on the show.

noelle said...

well you have a much less annoying voice than lucille ball!!