Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My feet are sore!

It's the end of day two and the only complaint I have is that my feet are super sore. I told Ryan we should bring a pedometer next time so we can see how many miles we walk. I get so hungry because we are burning so many calories.

The fires have not affected us at all which is good. It was quite windy on yesterday but today there wasn't any wind at all, which is good for those fighting the fires. It's been hot but I like the heat. There is smoke in the air which makes it look kind of "nuclear winter" outside. The first day I thought I could smell smoke but today I didn't notice it.

Disneyland itself has been perfect. Small crowds means hardly any lines at all. I think the longest we waited was 30 minutes for the new Finding Nemo ride (which wasn't that fabulous in my opinion) and we waited maybe 25 for Splash Mountain last night. Most of the time we walk right onto the ride without waiting at all. Tomorrow is our last day and I talked Ryan into making reservations at the Blue Bayou which is the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It's pricey but it's something we've always wanted to do and I can pretty much talk Ryan into anything at Disneyland. It's his happy place. We're also doing the Mickey's Halloween Treat tomorrow night at California Adventures. We brought the girl's Halloween costumes to wear for it.

Today when we were walking out of Toon Town I saw Hanna's music teacher walking toward us. She was so excited to see us she wanted to take a picture with Hanna. Grace was too shy because she didn't have Mrs. Siggard last year in kindergarten.

Tomorrow we'll get in all our favorite rides before we go home. Hanna's favorite is the Grizzly Rapids ride in California Adventures. She gets soaked every time. Grace's favorite is Splash Mountain. I'm a Hollywood Tower of Terror fan myself. Ryan is a traditionalist and his favorite is Thunder Mountain. He also like the Buzz Lightyear ride because he kicks ass at it and enjoys humiliating us.

I think it's time to take an Advil and try to sleep through the pain.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Glad to hear you guys are having fun. One of these days we'll make it down there. Probably not until the 2 year old is a bit older.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Shea, It sounds like lots of fun. I'm glad the weather is good for you. Give the girls a hug for me. Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Disney went well, even if I'm sooo jealous!! You've made me want to aim to go transatlantic en famille in 2009!!!