Monday, September 08, 2008

Here it goes!

I think of things I want to write about all the time but I usually don't because I don't feel that I'm a very good writer. I read other women's blogs and I think, "Wow! She is amazing and funny and I wish I could be like her." I've been wanting to write about the Presidential race and the conventions but I stop myself because I think I'm either too ignorant and there is nothing worse than someone blogging about politics when they don't know what they are talking about. I did put my Obama sticker on my car the other day which prompted my neighbour kids to tell my kids that "he was going to come to our houses and take our guns away." I think they also made a disparaging remark about "black people" but both Ryan and I have blocked it out. I don't really see Barack Obama coming to our house to take our guns away because I think he has better things to do but it obviously has some people concerned. I like guns as much as the next person (as long as they aren't shooting at me or being involved in a violent crime) but I'm just not that worried about them being confiscated. NRA members cover your ears when I say this but I think we have bigger things to worry about, like that little ol' war and stuff. When I hear remarks like theirs it makes me feel rebellious and want to plaster "Vote Obama" stickers and signs all over our property. I have felt this way most of my life, but mostly when it comes to politics and ridiculous made up church rules. For example, tell me I have to wear pantyhose to church and I'll never wear them again even if my legs are as white red-headed step child's. I'm not voting for Obama because I feel rebellious but I have to admit that's a nice added bonus. I disagree with McCain and Palin on some very fundamental issues. I think it's great that Palin is a woman who has made it to the top and I have to admit I find her spunk charming. Sadly, spunk and charm are not the reasons I vote for someone. Maybe Palin and I could wrestle a bear together and then grab a couple of beers but when it comes to who I want in the White House, she's not my choice. As for McCain, I'm just so sick of Bush and what he's done that I can't face another four years with a republican president. Also I find his wife very, very scary. I dig the pearls though.

11 comments:

Chelle said...

I think that's the first time I've even seen his wife... I NEVER talk politics EVER, too much disagreeing and arguing makes me have the big "D" word.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

You are just too funny. I am a democrat but I do not really like Obama. I feel lost in this Politics and what to believe and what not to believe.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

You are just too funny. I am a democrat but I do not really like Obama. I feel lost in this Politics and what to believe and what not to believe.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Good read Shea.. I don't belive in Politcal partys . I useto but I just dont any more . I do belive in pepole and I do belive that pepole can make a diffrents. I just happen to be a big Sarah fan mostly because of what she has done in the last 2 years here in Alaska. I don't agree with every thing she dose but the things i don't agree with make her more Human to me. Ok theres my 2 cents..

BTW I would never wear panty hose because someone told me I had too. Rember those are just sugestions not rules and if some one ever tells you thats the rule tell them you would like to see the rule book. LOL

Chelle said...

sorry i just have a hard time saying the word diarrhea...that's the big "D" word, haha!

Kim S said...

Go get 'em, tiger!

Wilson Family said...

only chelle would openly admit her diarrhea is caused by politics.

Chelle said...

doh

Cheryl said...

Haha - didn't Obama just address that comment about taking people's guns away? He said something along the lines that law abiding citizens have nothing to fear from him, that the issue is finding a balance between the right to bear arms and keeping guns out of the wrong hands. He'll have as much success with that as all his predecessors.

So you don't like the look of Cindy McCain? At least she doesn't dress like the typical First Lady frump. I'm so tired of seeing these rich politician's wives dressing like they shop at Sears and can't afford a tailor. Geez, use some of that money and hire a fashion coordinator for a few months. At least Cindy has chosen reasonably fashionable outfits in flattering colors. Meanwhile, you've got Michelle Obama wearing flat shoes with her frumpity frump outfit so she doesn't tower over her hubby.

I agree; there are more important issues than gun control that's never gonna happen.

Shea said...

I thought Michelle Obama looked quite fashionable at the convention. I admit that Hillary and others often look like they are trying to dress down for your average american.

Anonymous said...

I too, am sick of the current republican reign. That said, I also don't wan't many of the things Obama stands for (socialism). I'm sure he's a smart and nice guy, just misdirected since many of his comments sound all too familiar to the writings in the communist manifesto and in the rantings of Karl Marx.

My principle on this is NO BIG GOVERNMENT. Obama = Big Government, no doubt about it. I really would have like to See Ron Paul as prez!