Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why don't we have matching camouflage outfits?

With soccer and work, it's hard for me to get on here. Although, with how my job has been going lately I could probably spend the majority of my day blogging and no one would be the wiser. I subbed on my days off which I don't really mind doing but it just makes the week seem super busy. Plus we are soccer coaches and had two games this week. Ryan does the coaching but I still watch both girls play which basically takes all night.

We also had an offer on our house that fell through on Monday. Looking back, I don't know why we ever thought the camouflage couple would buy our house. We were their eighth offer since February and they'd backed out on all of them. I'm still feeling bummed about it because the thought of selling your house when you're building another house is very appealing. Ryan's mom (next door) has a MIL apartment so we don't even have to worry about a place to live until our house is built.

On Tuesday, Karen, Angela (my realtor) and I went to to the Ivory Homes design center in Lehi to have an orientation. It's very overwhelming to pick out every little thing in your house. When we built this house we didn't have a lot of choices so it didn't seem as difficult. On the way home Angela ran out of gas on the freeway and we had to push her mini-van to a gas station. Karen steered because she had to pee and those who know her know she has very limited bladder control. She has had five kids. Luckily we ran out right at an exit and about halfway up the exit, two nice young men came and helped us. Mysteriously, when we went to thank them, they had disappeared. No, that didn't happen.

I'm feeling kind of pissy today about people looking at our house who love our house but are unsure about the yard. Listen dorks, the yard is what is great about this house. It's why rich people pay $200,000 for a lot up on the bench. The trees, the view, the privacy, those are good things. If you want a big generic expanse of grass that you'll never use and have to water all the time, feel free to rip out the trees and put it in. As it is now, I can jump on my trampoline naked and no one would ever see. Which would you rather look out your window and see, Mt. Timpanogas and Utah Lake or the side of your neighbors house? I'm getting too worked up. Van Fleet out!

Take a virtual tour of our house plan. Ours will be a little different but you get the idea.

Lucca Craftsman

4 comments:

Lori-Ann said...

Oh Shea I hated when we were selling our last house too. It's frustrating - your yard sounds amazing- I love jumping on our trampoline naked if only the neighbours didn't complain so much. lol!!

Anonymous said...

Shea thanks for the virtual tour. It looks like a great plan. Mom

Anonymous said...

You're funny! This has got to be so stressful. I wish I was there with you and Karen picking out stuff. I bet you guys had a great time. I want you to get black kitchen cabinets for me...because I want black ones in my house:) Stein Ericksen Lodge was AWESOME!!!!! Remind me to tell you about it some time!

Anonymous said...

So what is the problem with the yard? I don't get it - are they saying there are too many trees? Not enough grass?
Post Stella pics pls.
Becky