Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I wish my child was a genius
I was reading Mimi Smartypants today and it's obvious that their daughter, who was adopted from China, is a genius. This kid is smart with a capital s. She is in a gifted kindergarten that sounds fabulous and you can tell that she belongs there. I just think it would be super cool to have a kid that was that gifted. My kids are plenty smart and I marvel and some of the things they are able to accomplish but I don't think they would be labeled "genius". I admit I want a "genius" because it would make me look good. Freakanomics says intelligence is inherited so that would mean Ryan or I are also super smart and you all know it is me. I was in the enrichment program in my elementary school which I think was a fancy name for the gifted program. To this day I don't know why I was in there. Everyone in there did much better academically than me but we had to take an IQ-like test for it so I sometimes wonder if I have this super amazing IQ but lack the gumption to do anything with it. Or maybe there was some sort of mix-up with the test results and some poor smart kid never reached their full potential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Shea, Mr. Baker told me when I went for parent, teacher interviews that year that you could do better but how do you tell someone who is getting 80s and 90s that they have the potential to get higher marks unless they are motivated to do that. Love you no matter what. Mom
LOL, I don't think I want a genius child. I have one that is rather precocious and she is hard enough. The smartie children come with their own host of 'issues'.
There is a video on You-tube of this adorable 2 year old with an amazing singing voice and incredible memory. I am in awe of her but I'll be she is a handful too.
Post a Comment