Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Been Busy
I've taken on a few home projects this week plus it's been super nice outside which means I don't have much time for blogging. I re-painted our bedroom from institutional sage green to a warm brownish/olive green. It made me strangley happy to paint away that green. Ryan was true to his word and did not help one bit with the painting. He did help me move some furniture and take down the blinds. Karen's family came over monday night for FHE and I could tell John was quite bored with the Samuel the Lamanite skit I produced and the kids acted. So he said he'd cut my edges for me. You know it's a bad FHE when someone would rather cut edges than continue. That got me started and I finished the next day. Yesterday I bought some of those white stackable storage cubes for Hanna's room (with cute baskets to put in them) and made her a nightstand with one and American Girl doll storage center with the other. This afternoon I decided to rearrange her room and do a deep cleaning. This kid is a collector and has some sort of fascination with ripping paper into tiny pieces. She later told me they use it as money to play store. Also I found little box filled with candy wrappers. I filled up a garbage bag with little Hanna "treasures". I put her bed against the opposite wall and moved her bookcase too. I also put a lamp on her nightstand which she thought was fabulous. So I'm feeling satisfied with my efforts this week. I'm subbing Thursday and Friday in a grade three classroom which I hope goes more smoothly than my grade one job last week which left me thinking: When did kids become so evil? I'll take some pictures when we get all our furniture put back in place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow Shea - nice job. Not a week goes by that I don't look at the ceiling in our bedroom at the crappy cutting job we did and think I should redo it. Also, I have both collecter and shredder children at my home too. Talk to you later.
SIL
I am so excited that you got your painting done in your bedroom. Hanna's room sounds very cute. Good for you. We have had a couple of days of temps around +15 C. Love you mom
What's cutting? I don't paint. That's funny about John. What a nice neighbor. Good for you doing prodjects. I don't seem to get to spring cleaning till after spring. You're ahead of schedule
To Shea's mom: Is Canada always that cold this time of year? I hear it is so beautiful up there! Amanda
Amanda my mom is talking about 15 degrees celsius which is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I feel so dumb! I didn't even see the "C". Ok, I hope she ignores my question. I was wondering how you could have lived up there in the cold like that. No laughing, or you get lasagna instead of taco's friday! And what's cutting?
Cutting is when you paint with a brush around the ceiling, baseboards, windows etc.
Shea- you need to post some pictures of all the work you've done. WTG!! Very ambitious!
Can't wait to see pictures!!! :)
Post a Comment