Saturday, March 10, 2007
Newlywed Game Claims Another Marriage
Last night we got together with some friends and played a newlywed type game that Amanda made up. We've been involved in a few of these games over our 12+ yeas of marriage and we are never the ones who win. I should realize that this means our marriage is a horrible farce and we should just go our separate ways. Instead it just makes me more determined to win next time. As a result, over the years I've had conversations with Ryan as to what our answers should be to predictable newlywed game answers. The one I actually remember talking about a few times is what our song is. Ryan and I did not have a wedding song since at the time we were married I was too cool for anything wedding like. Because of this I've had to make up "our song" so that someday we can get that answer right. I decided a few years ago that it would be Today by The Smashing Pumpkins. It seemed to be playing a lot when we were dating/newly married and it reminded me of Ryan. So I told him that this would be our song and to remember it always. You'd think he'd put that somewhere in his brain and hold onto it for such a night as last night. When the question was asked to me I thought I had this one in the bag. We'd had this conversation and there was no way Ryan would forget "our song". I'm sure you've realized by now that he did not remember it and that I basically yelled "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!" The good news is we did win the newlywed game by one point and so apparently our marriage is the greatest marriage in the history of married people. Go Van Fleets!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You and Ryan were so funny. You did make a come back in the end. I think you forgot to inform all bloggers of the almost knock down drag out girl fight between you and Kare-Bear. It got a little rough last night. I was so disapointed you didn't take us up on the free night stay at the Jones' bed and breakfast for being the winners. Was grandma disapointed about no taco's? I am glad Ryan enjoyed them. Mark hasn't learned to appriciate the time it takes to fry each taco shell. P.S. You are such a poser in the last picture with the pepsi. Although your hair looks cute.
Shea- Iain and I not only never win that game we usually come in last. LOL!! It's pretty pathetic but we just laugh it off. I don't think we will ever win that game.
Oh Shea, that is too funny.
I don't think Oliver and I have every played one of those games...we know better. ;)
LOL! That game would be so much fun. I will have to look for it next time I am out.
omg, Shea.. that is hilarious!! and sounds totally like something I would do! This game sounds interesting.. I should pick it up so I can play with my hubby!
Post a Comment