Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sound Advice

I doubt I have many cops who read this blog since I don't think Ryan is giving out the address to all his friends. I saw this last night on the Found website while I was having a bout of insomnia. I thought it was very sound advice for any police officer in any part of the world.

I don't know what kind of "interview" this is supposed to be but Ryan doesn't have many interviews like this. At least he never tells me about them.



Crucial Advice for Secret Policemen
FOUND by Paul William Roberts in Baghdad, Iraq
I spent most of 2003 in Iraq covering the invasion for Harper's Magazine and the CBC. I found this poster in the rubble of a Mukharbharat (Secret Police) training center in Baghdad, April 21, 2003. The Arabic text reads: "When interrogating a suspect, do not leave your gun, wallet, and I.D. card on the coffee table." Ba'athist ideology in a nutshell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I removed it because I had terrible speeling errors. Here is is below:

That was so funny. Mark got a good chuckle at this one. How's Canada? Are you home sick for Sweet Santaquin? I am sitting in the inlaws office and I can't see Santaquin MT because of all the smoke. Yesterday it blew south to Lavan, but the winds changed and it's all coming north (smoke)and even in Mapleton it smells like a constant campfire. So enjoy your clean air. Miss ya, come home soon.

Nicole said...

LOL!

Tyla'sMommy said...

haha!

Sorry I haven't been here for a while... finally catching up! :)