Thursday, May 03, 2007

I Don't Like Some People

I've had a few neighborhood things happen recently that have left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't go into details since this blog isn't private (just not advertised to many) and I certainly don't need any more letters showing up at my door. It has made me think that some people are not as nice as they claim to be and that people like to talk about other people. Especially when it makes the talked about person look bad and the talkee look good. I realised a few things about me also. That I need to not be so trusting and that I need to keep my mouth shut. I also learned that what people say is not necessarily what they mean. If they say "If there is anything you ever need, just let me know." They might really mean, "I will help you out but then I will complain about it to others." I've had/have some good friends in my life who I felt comfortable asking favours from but apparently those kind of friends are rare and I should not expect everyone to be that way. The lesson learned has been a valuable one really. I will stay as univolved with other neighborhood women as I can and I will only trust a precious few. Oh and that some people are not as Christian as they would like you to think.

I thought about sending this card out annonymously to a couple of women. Maybe it would be just thing they need to take that final step toward medication.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Zoloft image is so funny. Tell your neighbors to go to hell. I guess that's not really Christ-like though. So, instead send them a box of Sees candy. I haven't had neighbors like this but I've had coworkers just like you described.

Shea said...

It seems so high school to me, the way they act. Who sends notes to people after they are 17? Reminds me of all that Daniela crap. Remember that? Hope you had a good time in Provo.

Lori-Ann said...

Shea- I love that card. I've had trouble with neighbours in the past too. That is a big reason why Iain and I moved to where we are today- we couldn't stand our neighbours...anyway, good luck. I hope they don't cause you too much grief.

torch said...

So, reading your blog, you quoted me when you said "I need to not be so trusting and learn to keep my mouth shut." Amen. I definitely do not take people up on their offers very much for that reason unless it is someone I trust. But I also learned that lesson for myself that if I say I am going to do something, I'm not going to whine or complain about it because that does no one good. Why say "no problem" and then complain about it to others. You look bad and it does you no good. We'll definitely have to talk. LUISA
PS LOVE the card.

Anonymous said...

I think your neighbors sound nasty!!!...they actually sent you a note??...are they just out of highschool? I hope it gets easier as they get older...nothings worse than bad neighbors...

Quinn said...

I am sorry you have had that happen. This recently has happened to me also. One was by someone I considered a close friend. It is hard.

I love the Zoloft add. Hmmmm...you may have given me some ideas.

Tyla'sMommy said...

Ugh, I so know what you mean about people and I don't like very many people either, especially as of late. (if you read about my situation recently, you'll understand!) I've also had friends who turned out not to really be friends.

Anyway, hope things get better. ((HUG))