Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My House Stinks

I seriously wonder if I am losing my mind? I put eggs on the stove to boil yesterday and then left the house for four hours. I came home to a house fill with stinky egg smoke that has settled into everything we own. We are having to wash everything. I don't know if you've ever had to wash every washable thing in your house but it's a freakin big job. I think we are on load 732 and are only about halfway done. Luckily (ha) it was nice yesterday and today so we've been able to leave all the windows open. We are also cleaning every surface of our house with heavy duty magic cleaner. I do think the smell is slowly dissipating and I'm hoping it will be gone for good. I forgot to mention that one of the eggs exploded which I found kind of fascinating but it was not so fascinating when I was cleaning it off the ceiling. Life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shea,
What a horrible mess that must have been. You are fortunate that your house didn't catch on fire. At least your already clean home will be super clean when you are finished.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. What were you cooking that requires eggs to boil for four hours? Did you leave b/c "a watched pot never boils"? "Eggs"- actly what happened?

Monti

Quinn said...

One of those moments you either laugh or cry. Sometimes both.

Monti is cracking me up....uh...no pun intended.

Shea said...

Tthat's the point Monti. It didn't require hours to cook nerd! I put eggs on the stove to hardboil them and then left the house. Laugh it up until it happens to you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shea - you could always remind Monti about the time he left the faucet on in the kitchen and left the house for a long time filled the drawers in the kitchen and flooded the basement. Ah, good times - I can almost laugh about it now. I bet that was stinky though, with the eggs and all.
SIL

Anonymous said...

I was at home alone one time when I was about 17 and it had been someone's b-day so some candles and little plastic holders had been left lying around. I upended a roll of paper towers, stuck it in and lit it up! Then I promptly forgot about it. I came back and the whole roll was in flames on the counter. I quickly threw it into sink and ran water over it. I didn't even damage the countertop. Scary!

Monti

Anonymous said...

Shea....I'm sorry...I'm sure it was a HUGE pain having to wash everything...but I couldn't stop laughing while reading this!!!...that's something I would do I guess that's why I thought it was kind of funny...sorry...

Tyla'sMommy said...

ahh, better you than me. lol ;)