Monday, May 07, 2007
Mundane Life Stuff
I've been thinking about going back to work for some time now. Actually I started to think about it seriously last year this time and then BAM! got pregnant. We all know how that turned out so once again I'm back on the work wagon. I was at a PTA luncheon two weeks ago and sat next to the Principal. I overcame my social anxiety for a few moments and asked him about re-entering the workforce. We chatted for a bit and he invited me to come talk to him and go over my resume. I went in today and we had a nice little chat about what I need to do to recertify. I thought it went well and he also offered to write me a letter of recommendation. I found out that if I do get the job I want, which is part time kindergarten, I would make (Drum roll please) $15,000! Don't worry the money won't change me. I'll still be the same down-to-earth person I've always been. So my plan is to take district classes this summer, get half the licensure points I need and then finish the rest next summer. The plan being to start looking for a job next summer. He said 1/2 time kindergarten positions are hard to fill because most people want full-time. So maybe I've found my niche. I'll just keep subbing next school year and hopefully get my name out there. I'll start shopping for power suits now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Well you beat me on my yearly library manager income - but I supplement that with my day labour job - so we will be in the same pay range - Woohoo!
Good job being brave about talking to the principal. How is the new jacket working out for you? In what situations have you worn it so far? I am dying to hear all about it - maybe post a pic!
Later
Becky/SIL
Hey I just signed up - testing to see if it works.
Becky
I wish you luck as you re-enter the work force. I hope you have better luck than I do in finding a job.
Hi Shea, We think your plan is doable. What new jacket is Becky talking about? Dad wants to know with this new wealth if he will get bigger presents? Oh well he'll have to wait a couple of years to find out. Love mom and dad
I think that it a great plan. 1/2 day is perfect and you'll have the same schedule as the girls. What exactly does re-certifying entail? You know I have to do that someday too. You'll be great with those little Kindergarten Kids!
Shea, 1/2 day kindergarten sounds like it would be perfect for you!
Shea, 1/2 day sounds great, and I am LOL about the money changing you. :) I think you would make a great Kindergarten teacher!
Shea, please let all that money change you, we like you just the way you are ; )
Seriously, congrats on being brave enough to talk to the principal..that's the first hurdle done!! Good luck in the new exciting future ahead of you!
Okay, stupid here..I thought I'd written "please DON'T let all that money change you" - that's what it's MEANT to say....sorry about the typo!
Good luck! Kindergarten teachers are worth their weight in gold. I remember helping out in Annalise's kindergarten class. I'm sure you will do a great job.
Post a Comment