
When I first was introduced to these shoes I thought there was no way anyone in my family would ever own a pair of these. I've slowly been converted to their use as garden shoes and as great kids summer shoes. I still don't think grown adults should wear them outside the confines of their yard but for I see their use as a great kids shoe. Hanna and Grace both got a pair when we were in Canada last summer and they wore them almost all year long. They've held up so well and they don't get stinky which has been my main complaint with other summer shoes. When we were first thinking about buying them I thought $25 was a bit pricey since I can get flip-flops at Old Navy for $2.50. We couldn't find any generic Crocs in Canada so we ended up buying name brand. I bought Ryan a pair last summer so he could use them to work in the yard. He was not that excited about my "present" but now uses them all the time and admits they were a good purchase. My parents got me a pair for my birthday and I use them around the yard and have even worn them to Walmart on occasion, much to Ryan's chagrin. So relunctantly we have become a family of Croc owners.
Last week Hanna was riding her scooter down a hill and used her Croc clad foot as a brake. This caused the rivet to pop off the strap and after much looking by everyone in the family, it was never found. I decided to see if Crocs had a website that I could order a new rivet off of. I was very pleased to find out that they would give and ship me all the rivets I wanted for free. So now I'm feeling even more glad that I went with the real Crocs and not generic ones. The Crocs website also said they'd replace straps for free which is good to know. So while I still consider them pretty hideous looking I'm secretly a Croc fan.
6 comments:
I remember the first time I saw them, Tam Tam had broght her daughter over for a haircut and when I saw them my first thought was that they were so ugly and then I said to Tam Tam, "I don't think you could ever get an adult to wear them". Well.....I look down AND SHE HAD A PAIR ON ALSO!!!! I just wanted to crawl into a hole. So I spent the rest of the haircut trying to tell her how comfortable they look and I went on and on a little to much.
I hear they really are comfy though!!!! Hearing your testimony I think I am convinced. I might just have to try them out on my kids.
I'll have to give them a try. They do look comfortable and I see soooo many people wearing them. I guess I'm just behind the times.
I'm with you. I think they are ugly too (esp. as an adult shoe) but, I, too, have noticed that it seems like every other person, regardless of age, is wearing them. I might have to check them out, if for no other reason than the fact that I have a hard time finding comfortable shoes.
I saw the ripe off crocs at the store, and resisted purchasing them. I am waiting for the real thing to show up somewhere when I am shopping.
I saw these flip=flops I liked - until I realized they were $85. $85 for flip-flops - columbia sportswear flip-flops. What a world.
Becky
$85 dollars for flip flops????? That's crazy! But I have come to learn that you must spend more than $1.00 B/C I bought a cute pair at the dollar store for $1.00 and I literally walked out of the left foot while camping. Mark just about died laughing.
Post a Comment