Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Top Five Bands/Artists

Ryan asked me the other day who my top five bands/artists were. Here they are in random order:

1. The Smiths
2. Billy Bragg
3. Elvis Costello
4. The Cure
5. Joni Mitchell

So what are your top five?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just spitballing here - off the top of my head you understand but the first five that come to mind are:
1. Throwing Muses/Kristin Hersh
2. Amii Mann
3. The Clash
4. Gorillaz
5. Joni

It really is a hard question. I am already rethinking my list.
Becky

Shea said...

I like Aimee Mann a lot. Sometimes her songs make me cry. It is hard to limit it to five. I also really like ABBA but I wonder if it's more nostalgia.

Anonymous said...

My five will probably be different tomorrow, but for today I just put some that I never get tired of or skip over on the ipod - like old friends.

1. Edie Brickell
2. James Taylor
3. Radiohead
4. Bob Marley
5. Norah Jones

Sting should probably be listed there too. And so many more. Five really isn't enough, Shea.

Anonymous said...

The only one I recognize on your list shea is TCure, and that's because my sister Melissa listened to it in England all the time. I feel out of the loop:~)

Anonymous said...

If I was to pick 5, I would list:
1. Rascal Flatts
2. Randy Travis
3. U2 (Mark introduced them to me)
4. Chris LeDoux
5. Garth Brooks

Can you tell I was raised with Country? Still love it, but sometimes I need a change. I always end up going back to it though. I used to love Hip=Hop before I was married when I went clubbin' all the time, but those days are long gone. My guilty pleasure is when I am all alone in my awsome hip van, I trun on some Hip=Hop and blast it (with the windows up of coarse). Watch out for the thumping van, it's probably me .....alone.

Lori-Ann said...

I used to love Billy Bragg- I saw a bunch of his concerts and had most if not all of his albums. I stopped listening to him once CDs came out b/c all I had were tapes. Thanks for the reminder though- I think I have to go and dig them out!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin- that is how I determined mine - the ones I never skip over on my iPod. It s weird - I used to love REM but I usually skip them when they come on.

Anonymous said...

Hey SHea - we just watched a documentary about ABBA that was good - we Tivod it if you want me to save it for you to watch when you come up. They all got together except Aganetha a couple years ago at a Mama Mia premiere in London. It was cool to see them.

Anonymous said...

What was I thinking - number one with a bullit - PIXIES - just watched some of this documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GElc16pzRwc&mode=related&search=
By the way it was me on the previous 2 posts too.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Morrissey from the Smiths verbrato was annoyting as the lyrics to there songs. Girl Friend in a comma only good song.

And without cheating Shea name off more than three Elvis Costelo songs? I bet you can't

The Amii Mann Song "Wise Up" is the best.

Kristin you Like Radiohead that scares me a little bit!!!

Amanda was the only one that had U2 come now!!

Shea said...

Beyone Belief (my fave)
Watching the detectives
allison
veronica
radio, radio
pump it up
can't stand up for falling down
new amsterdam

Should I go on? I think it's nice to respect all musical tastes. Isn't that what Jesus wanted?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shea - don't let him treat you like that. Also I just want the world to know that I think Fergie's cover of Baracuda for the Shrek soundtrack is wondrous/stunning. On a related note, I was flipping channels the other evening and the MuchMusic awards were on and Fergie was doing 'Fergilicious' (also great by the way) and Ethan could not remain seated - it compelled him to hop up and dance. Now that's a song!! (I don't really think she's that hot though.)
Becky

Anonymous said...

Please excuse my husband Mark. I keep telling him that no one knows he joking, he informed me you did. He does that on my blog. He told me he won't post any more. I think I hurt his feelings, opps. He'll be fine:~)

Shea said...

I actually only took a little offense to the Elvis Costello comment. You don't have to like the Smiths or Morrissey but don't tell me I don't know my Costello. ;) Maybe Mark needs to use more winking emoticons or "LOL" so we get his humour more through the internet. At least he tries.

Anonymous said...

I had a chat with Mark and he said he is willing to work with the internat humor thing. He has my permission to start posting again if the topic interest him. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Now that I have my Sweet Loves blessing to post on here and now that Shea has given me Blogging 101 on showing humor I hope my comments do no offend.

Most people I knew in High School said they liked Elvis Costello because it made them look cool. But if you asked them to name a song they couldn't. Obviously I was wrong, unless you cheated and pulled out some albums, which I cannot prove.

But at least you have the common sense to agree with me on Morrissey annoying vibrato

Shea said...

I didn't/don't agree with you on the Morrissey comment but just said we all have our own tastes. I don't really feel the need to like a band to be cool anymore. I listen to some pretty "uncool" stuff.

Shea said...

Lor I'm jealous you saw Billy Bragg in concert. He still tours so maybe I'll get lucky someday.