Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Help me!

I didn't get to bed until midnight last night and then woke up around 6:30 a.m. not able to get back to sleep. This leaves me feeling pretty grumpy in the mornings. Before I went to bed last night I set out the girl's school clothes which I do to save me time in the morning. Just as I was falling back to sleep around 7 a.m. I feel a tap, tap on my arm and Grace says, "I don't want to wear that shirt this morning." Pick your battles Shea. I tell her that is fine because it's 7 a.m. and I really don't give a rats ass. I finally give up the idea of going back to sleep around 7:30 a.m. and get up to make them breakfast which is an ordeal in itself because Hanna doesn't like any sort of breakfast food known to man. They get dressed and then I start to do hair. I want to do two pony tails for Grace because it keeps her hair out of her face plus it looks cute. If you catch her on a good day she'll let me do this but if she's just not feeling it, we are in for a fight. She starts crying and I tell her, "You already got to pick out different clothes so I get to pick the hairdo." She yells, "It doesn't match my outfit!" So two ponytails don't match capris and a t-shirt? Ok Anna Wintour. I'm not going to give in today so after more crying and hair-pulling I finally win. I think I threatened her with no school today if she didn't let me do what I wanted. This would never happen because I'm getting my haircut today in Sugarhouse and I might pull a Britney Spears if it didn't get cut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Grace's wanting a certain hair style or clothes is totally about being in control as I'm sure you know. I imagine that you've tried getting her to pick things at night and then having her change her mind in the morning. You have a challange to not send her off to school already in a snit. Poor teacher.
I'm sure you will use your imagination and come up with a good solution. Maybe some of your readers will have ideas for you. love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hope your haircut went well. Please tell me you didn't get a BS due? PLEASE, lol.

I tell you what, I am going to freak out when my boys pitch a fit about clothes and actually want to have an opinion on what they look like. So far they have no idea what it is like to make a decission on clothes, except underoo's. Thomas noticed the other day that I put a different t-shirt on him in the morning for them to go get wet outside in. He said, "I want one like William's". Now that's sad. But I have this idea in my head the night before we go out for teh day or even church of how they will be dressed ....ALIKE, and not even Mark can ruin it. I am thinking I have OCD or something, lol. So, I sort of understand your morning. Especially when it's early. I have to admit I am NOT a morning person!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OPPS, I just read your mom's comment, and I guess I didn't give you any idea's or advice except complain. Ok, so maybe your other readers can help you out. Ask me in five years when Lydia is Grace's age:D

Ter said...

hehe I am willing to bet (not that I have any money) that Grace is just like her MOM! ;)