Monday, August 06, 2007

Vacation Hangover

Vacation 07 has come to an end and I have that familiar feeling that Ilike to call "vacation hangover". It's a combination of sleep deprivation and bad eating that leave me with a really bad headache/fuzzy feeling. Not having had many hangovers I don't really know if it compares to a real hangover but whatever, enough about the hangover thing. So sit back and enjoy some photos with pithy comments. Remember you can click on the photos to view them full size.

The first part of our vacation was spent in Magrath at my parents house. We were there during the blow-out that is Magrath Days which includes a parade. This is my niece Beth with Gracie. They are more interested in candy than in the parade and I have to admit this is a candy filled parade. Look at those Canadian chairs. Who says Canadians aren't patriotic?


That deer is looking at me! My parents had three sweet, little, cutie-pie baby deers in their yard. Two were twins. They were pretty freakin adorable.



Yep, we sit around and play the ukulele. Don't you?



Hanna and Gracie with my parents on their front porch. They love getting spoiled by them and I'm all for it if it means I can eat at Earl's in peace. Hanna was into being a cowboy this vacation.


Uncle Mike is a real cowboy and he was very happy to show Hanna and Grace how to be cowgirls. Hanna was a natural at riding.



I think Grace was trying to show me she could ride without hands or else she was just excited. She didn't get the hang of it quite like Hanna did but she had a lot of fun riding with a little help from Mike.
>

When Hanna was riding Grace played mancala with Ryan. She was really good at it which made her happy. She's got my competitive spirit.


Charlotte cooking sour dough blueberry pancakes with the girls. I love the way Charlotte cooks mainly because it's healthy but tastes great. We had the best salmon with baked cauliflower. YUM!
>

Hanna getting ready to ride.


Mike and Hanna heading off into the wilderness. It's very remote here which makes it even more fun to go to. I wish I
would have taken more pictures of the scenery since it's breathtaking. There are apparently a lot of Native American artifacts in the area.


That moose is looking at me! We saw three moose when we drove to Sheridan, WY.



That's pretty much it. After we left the cabin we went to Thermopolis, WY to visit Ryan's grandma and while we were there we watched a Native American ceremony that was really interesting. It was a good vacation but I'm glad to be back home and catching up on sleep.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Keep them coming. Looks so pretty out there and the cabin trip looks awsome!

Susan said...

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea, I'm glad you got home safely. We sure enjoyed having all of you home for two weeks. The house is very very quiet now. The weather has turned cooler. We haven't had a day with a temp above 32 since you left. It is very comfortable. Dad and I picked chokecherries on Sat. Some are really big. Love you all. Mom

Nicole said...

Welcome home Shea!!! Those are great picture's!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shea - we braved e. coli river today and it was fine - except why didn't we do it on the coldest day of the summer so far - it was only like 28. Our town celebrations were good - I had to drive the library's float and Ethan rode on it.
It was fun to hang out with you this summer. WY looked like a lot of fun. Did you do much horseriding? We leave for our blowout vacation this Friday. Talk to you later.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip and the girls look so comfortable on the horses. What a nice time.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Those little deer are adorable.

We do sit around and play the ukulele. We'll have to jam sometime.

Hanna does look like a natural on the horse. Is she still firm in her career choice as cowgirl.

It looks like a very successful vacation for the VanFleets. And you got some great pictures. I am so bad about getting the camera out. Maybe if I get my blog going, I will remember better. And I will try to get some bad ones of you and Amanda (if this is possible) for revenge. Sweet revenge.

Tyla'sMommy said...

looks like you had a nice vacation! :)