Friday, August 10, 2007
Maybe I like gore
For some strange reason I've been hot on the trail to see the movie 300. Yesterday I went into Blockbuster to exchange our mailed movie for another and I was planning on renting 300. My kids were begging me to get something we could all watch together but there was no way I was getting Firehouse Dog. Call me selfish but I just can't sit through that kind of crap. I was in a bit of a hurry since the kids and Great-grandma Evelyn were waiting in the car so I just grabbed 300 and headed out. One thing about our Blockbuster is that the employees are very free with their opinions on movies you rent. Yesterday it was "Flo" (we'll call her that because she is older with huge hair and a lot of jewelry) and she told me that 300 "had a lot of gore". I don't like the feeling that I'm being judged every time I come into the store, so I just said "Yeah I'm kind of into gore."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally remember "Flo". Ahhhh, we got ripped off at that Blockbuster before we found netflix. I really enjoyed 300 and it's one of Mark's favorites. The Massive sized annimals are a little extreme, but I loved the movie in all. I vote for GORE!
I thought you meant Al Gore and this post was related to the shopping bag thing and I thought at one point this post was heading toward you renting Inconvenient Truth to watch as a family. My kids liked it - well Ethan anyway. So was there enough gore for you in 300? Queen Gorgo is gonna be Sarah Conner in that new series this fall.
Laterz
Becky
I liked it. The "gore" was pretty comic book so it wasn't as graphic.
Post a Comment