My kids have developed opinions and it is cramping my style! Gone are the days when I could just buy them clothes and they would wear them without question. I decided this morning that we needed a family outing (just call me
Amanda) mainly because I didn't want to just sit at home all day. We've never been to the
Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake so I thought that would be a good place to have our outing. It's in a huge outdoor shopping mall so we could also do some school shopping. I've decided in an effort to reduce my stress and save money I'm letting the girls get one back-to-school shirt for now and then I'll worry about the rest when the need arises. After we saw the Dinosaur IMAX 3D movie, which was very good, and explored the planetarium, we went shirt shopping. Something you may not know about me is that I'm not a big fan of t-shirts with writing on them. Especially t-shirts with phrases like "I'm the Princess" or "I Like Spending Daddy's Money". This makes it hard for me to buy any t-shirt that has writing on it but for some reason my kids are always gravitating toward these. I nixed a couple of early choices they made at GapKids that had writing on them. I think they're learning because I heard Hanna telling Nana that "mom didn't like shirts with writing on them". True dat! I found this really cute shirt that I thought was perfect and Grace just looked at it like I was holding a dead rat and when I asked her if she'd like this one because it's really really cute, she said "no". They weren't going for anything I suggested or liked. We headed to Old Navy and Hanna did find a shirt there that both Ryan and I liked. Hanna is still pretty easy to convince but that's because she's the good child (take it easy I'm just kidding. kind of.) Grace didn't like any there either. She told me she "doesn't like dress shirts" which is what she calls anything other than a basic t-shirt. I'd had enough so I told her we'd continue the search another day. She was kind of tired so I'm hoping I can catch her in a better, more easily manipulated mood.
This is the shirt Hanna chose

They both liked this one
5 comments:
The girls are definatetly their mother's children. I think you were younger than they are when I couldn't really get you to wear anything you hadn't picked out. Mom
I like the shirt Hanna picked out. TO bad it makes us mom's look [rego. If I wasn't still carring on that baby weight from a year and a half now, I just might wear one.
Good for you for doing a family outing. If I don't get the boys out of the house, I'll end up beating them, just kidding.....they'll end up beating each other.
I don't know what I'll do when the day comes that they won't let me pick out their clothes daily. Especially if they don't match!
Annalise is also getting opinionated about her clothes. She will sometimes wear something I pick out but will wear it only once. Then she'll make up some lame excuse why she doesn't like it and then never wear it again... no matter how much I try. I'd rather her be honest with me in the beginning so I don't buy something she won't wear.
Hey, I sometimes shop for things for the nieces and nephews, and hate that all kids t-shirts want the kid to advertise something. Try the craft store, where you can just buy plain t-shirts (kids don't need to know about the cloth paints!) For girlie styles though - good luck! I'm not sure!??
Oh I hear ya. Lily is the same way as Grace...anything I pick out she looks at me just horrified. And man doesn't it just take forever now that they have to try stuff on??? We went jean shopping and she got all distracted by the free lip gloss that came with the jeans. And I hate those shirts with sayings on them too. I think they are make the kid wearing them sound like a brat.
Post a Comment