Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just thinking

I can't help thinking about Evie today. Monday will be her birthday and it takes my mind back to this time last year which was the worst time of my life. It's hard to put into words the feelings I have but what it basically boils down to is that I miss her. I wish she could have been born healthy in January which would mean she would now be crawling around the floor being chased by her sisters. I think I'm healing though because even though I think about her everyday, I don't start to cry or feel the pain I used to. Ryan doesn't catch me crying in the shower anymore which I'm sure relieves him. Mostly it is before I go to sleep at night when I think about her. Since we don't have a lot of memories of her I usually think of the same moments. Feeling her move inside me, keeping me awake when we were camping right before she was born. Little things like that. I try not to let my mind go to the bad memories but I admit I still go there at times. If it wasn't for my family, good friends, and therapy (ok I admit that the very occasional Xanax has been helpful) I don't think I would have been doing as well as I am. I'm still have my moments where I wonder why God let this happen but I think deep down I know He has helped me also. I'm lucky in that I've been disappointed by few and pleasantly surprised by many. As I write this I think I realize that I'm mostly saddened by the fact that I don't get to see this person grow up. I love Hanna and Grace so much and I know Evie would have been as amazing as they are. I hold on to the hope that I will see her again and she will be healthy and happy.

10 comments:

Tyla'sMommy said...

((HUGS))

Remembering Evie with you. I wish she was here for you to watch her grow up. But you're right... you'll see her again someday. We have to hold on to that...

Nicole said...

Shea I am sending you a big (((HUG))) and please know that you and Evie are in my thoughts!

Michelle said...

Shea, it sounds like you have come a long way. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{BIG HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Love you Shea! You would have to be a strong woman to go what you have gone through. I admire your endurance and understanding of your precious loss.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shea, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and your family. I imagine this is a difficult time... I am never good with "anniversaries" of sad times. You do sound quite healthy about the situation and I belive that you have traveled a long road to get to that place. {{HUGS}}
~Christine

Susan said...

Here's a big ((HUG)) for you. I'm not good with words but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you & your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shea, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow {{HUGS}}

Lori-Ann said...

Oh Shea I can't imagine how you recover from something like that but you are doing so amazing. I'll be thinking about you and Evie tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Shea, Thinking of you all. ((HUGS))

Michelle Koonce

Dana Kuzmanovski, M.Ed., BCBA said...

Sorry I missed such an important day. {{HUGS}}