Saturday, April 05, 2008

Grade ten typing class

My friend Daniela sent this to me the other day. Yes, I wrote this and yes, this is what I did in Mrs. Ruby Fletcher's typing class. It was pretty much a 45 minute period for Daniela and I to type notes (on an actual typewriter) back and forth to each other. I honestly don't remember what else was taught or done in that class but I'm a fairly decent typer so I must have learned something. After reading this poem I'm kind of amazed that I didn't go on to win the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry. I'm also kind of amazed that I had any friends because apparently I was kind of a weirdo. At least I had a friend who got me and it's been great to catch up with her.


Daniela looking good, me looking like a pure band geek. I couldn't seem to find a picture of us both looking good.

5 comments:

Monti said...

HA HA!

What a pure summation of the antithesis of what we were back then.

Instead it should have ended with "No Doubt."

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you should foster that latent poetry ability.
It's fun to reconnect with old friends, I'm glad you are.
Becky

Monti said...

Dude, you need to disable that music feature!

Ter said...

wow, I never saw such talent! :)

*giggle* I failed typing class in high school, simply because I was late all the time (who's bright idea was it to have typing first thing in the morning?) and because we got marks docked for looking at our hands, and the teacher would think I was looking at my hands when I was looking at the paper to see if I made any mistakes. Anyway, who's laughing now, I type over 70 wpm! and without looking at my hands!

noelle said...

Or else you could have ended it with 'not' that great 90s word ...

This is hilarious by the way.