Monday, April 14, 2008

Hiking the Y


This has been something the girls have asked to do since they knew how to recognize the letter Y. We've been saying we're going to do it for a couple of years now but I've basically been lazy. I climbed it once when I was at BYU but I was with a boyfriend who convinced me to climb straight up instead of taking the trail. BTW he was an idiot. I had an asthma attack and that kind of ruined the whole experience for me. We have spring break this week and I told the girls we could hike the Y one day this week. They did really well and there was little complaining...from them. It's steep and I had already worked out for an hour this morning focusing on my legs. wah. It was a perfect day to hike and we made it up in good time. When we got to the top I was a bit paranoid about the girls falling and it made me wish I had a rope to connect us all together ala Amanda at Seven Peaks. I'm not a fan of heights. It was a fun time with Hanna and Grace and now they can stop bugging me.

Starting out

I'm already tired and I can still see the car.

We made it to the Y!

The view from the top.


12 comments:

Lori-Ann said...

Wow Shea that looks really high. WTG hiking up there with the girls. They must have loved that adventure.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks a long way to the bottom. The girls had fun I can see. What a gorgeous day you picked. Mom

Anonymous said...

I hear that is a pretty hard hike. I know when I lived in Logan I would look at the surrounding mountains and think they looked so close and it would be easy to climb them - so one Saturday I headed out and it took me about 2 hours just to get to the edge of town - I made it to a rocky outcrop about 1/4 of the way up and gave up for the day. Hiking is hard! Good work!
Becky

Kristin said...

Looks like a fun day. I haven't hiked the "Y" in many years. You are a good mom, always taking the girls on fun outings.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great pix!!! Lokks like you had a blast!!!
I do have to say Shea You are looking like one hot momma.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! What a view from the top. :)

BTW, I am lovin' the new blog look!! It's been a while since I have stalked any blogs, and yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! What a view from the top. :)

BTW, I am lovin' the new blog look!! It's been a while since I have stalked any blogs, and yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! What a view from the top. :)

BTW, I am lovin' the new blog look!! It's been a while since I have stalked any blogs, and yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Grrr, triple post!!?? What's up with that?

Oh well...here's another to make it four. ;)

Ter said...

Great photos and a wonderful memory for your girls!

Tell me though, is there really a Y up there, or is that just a shape in the rock? I don't know the story behind the Y, and it's making me curious!

Shea said...

It's a manmade Y Ter. It's basically rocks and concrete painted white. It's been there since the early 1900's I think.

Anonymous said...

Shea...you are looking mighty voluptuous in the third picture. You must tell me what exercises you have been doing to get those beautiful Perky Ta-Ta's!!!!!