Saturday, April 19, 2008

Where is the love people?

I read this article about Dooce today and it estimated that she makes $40,000/month from ad revenue. FORTY FREAKIN THOUSAND DOLLARS! That's in a month people. We don't make much more than that a year (One of the Housewives of New York City said it's tacky to talk about money but they're horrible snobby bitches.) It kind of makes me a little nauseous but mostly I'm insanely jealous. It also makes me not want to read her blog and provide her with more money. Yes, I can be like that. Now I understand how she can live on the Salt Lake bench, buy actual art and take nice vacations every other week. Honestly when I read my blog as though I was a stranger I think it is boring so I can see why I don't get 4 million hits a month. Maybe I should bring out the real crazy.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

That is just insane!!

Anonymous said...

Try getting two dogs. Maybe that will boost your readership. ;)

Kim

Shea said...

I tried the pet thing already Kim. Remember how that turned out?

Shea said...

Kristin when you move back here we are starting some sort of business and making a lot of money! Don't tell Vince.

Susan said...

Insane. I glanced at her blog and it didn't really grab me. Shea, I like your blog much better.

Susan said...

Insane. I glanced at her blog and it didn't really grab me. Shea, I like your blog much better.

Kristin said...

I am in. Let's do it. Maybe we could stalk Dooce and write our own blog about her and that would attract the same level of readership? Or we could come up with something more noble.

Becky Edgeworth said...

hi Shea,

i actually read your blog each week and do not think it is boring - in fact it always cracks me up which i appreciate. to be honest i checked out dooce (after reading about it somewhere - this was actually just a few days ago; funny how that happens) and i didn't totally get it. So i'm not sure about the 40K.

I'm really happy for Ryan although a move is HUGE. So be kind to yourself over the next couple of months.

Becky (Riddle) Edgeworth
AKA one of the original fascinating girls!!

Lori-Ann said...

Shea - I've never read Douce nor do I plan too. You are all the entertainment I need- I'm always chuckling (or getting weepy) depending on the subject. Now if only you could make some money with this...

Shea said...

Becky! It almost made me cry to see you post here. You made my day. You are definitely an original fascinating girl. Where are you now? Geneva?

Shea said...

Thanks for the love people.

Quinn said...

I read your blog :)