
Yesterday was not an easy day. I spent most of it filled with anxiety or fighting nausea. That's how I deal with stress. Aren't you glad you didn't marry me? Ryan got home from the interview around noon and we just sat around and waited for the call. His cell rang around 4:30 and my stomach jumped at the sound. I ran into the bedroom and plugged my ears because I wanted to hear it from Ryan and I'm crazy. It was obvious from the look on his face that he had been offered the job. I'm proud of him and I think he's going to be a great sergeant.
Now the bad news, we have to move. I won't get into the many emotions I feel about this but let's just say I woke up at 3 a.m. and was awake until I went to work out at 6 a.m. I came home, took a Xanax and slept for two and a half hours. The thought of leaving good friends and Nana next door are really hard for me to even think about. I'm in serious denial but reality has to be faced sometime. Hanna and Ryan are feeling better than I expected but Grace and I tend to show our emotions in the form of tears. I was talking to Hanna about it last night, trying to feel her out and she amazed me with her optimism. Once again proving that this child was switched at the hospital and somewhere there is a pessimistic, anxiety filled child that wonders why she isn't at all like her family.
"How do you feel about everything?"
"I'm really proud of Daddy for getting the job."
"What about moving?"
"I think it's going to be fun! You get to meet new people, friends and teachers. I think it's really good that Daddy got that job and I think we should move forward."
11 comments:
LOL on the switched at birth theory. Hanna has always been an extra happy, friendly girl. But I think that she is right on this one. You'll find a new home that you'll love and everything will work out. You'll make new friends and you are great at keeping your old friends as close friends too.
SO where are you looking at moving? If you only need to move like 4 miles closer, could the kids be in the same school? Or are you wanting to be more in the Salt Lake Valley?
By the way - congratulations to Ryan! I know he has been on the verge of Sergeant for a while and I am glad to see he got it. Nice work. Will he be in the same department?
Good luck with your decision making.
Oh, I got a job. Not my dream job but one that will help pay for the house.
Becky
Give our congratulations to Ryan. How exciting for him. I do wish you luck with moving. Do you have up to Salt Lake county?
I do feel your pain. I had similar feelings when we moved to our new house last summer and we only moved about 20 miles away. The upside of it all was I lost five pounds during that time (but I think I gained it during spring break). :(
That is so exciting! I am sad though, because I feel like I made a friend, and BAM your gone.
Will you sell your house? rent it out?
I have been thinking of going into Karen to look at mattresses...if this spring break would ever end, so I don't have to drag all of the children with me!
We'll try to sell. I wish we didn't have to but sometimes you just have to suck it up in life. That's what I'm telling myself but it isn't making it any easier.
Becky we have to move further away. At least to the north end of Spanish Fork. It sucks.
My friend lives out West of Lehi and there are a lot of new developments out there - I was surprised. Didn't seem like the worst place. But i guess closer to the chemical weapons dump. I was just reading about how the military accidently poisoned a ranch in Skull Valley area. That was back in the 60's I think. Interesting. Maybe you should move to Salt LAke and be Dooce's neighbour. What is the requirement - within how many miles of where?
Becky
YEA!!!! I am so excited for you guys, but if I was in Santaquin I would be depressed because of you leaving. What are Karen and Tracy going to do with out you....better yet the ward? LOL!!! Have you talked about places you are thinking of? Make it convient for me when I come out of the canyon please so we can still hang. You better be going to seven peaks this year sista!!!!!!
That's it....I am calling you....I need the scoop!
What a sweet girl you have there Shea. Congrats to Ryan and try to think positively. I'm sure it will be a great move for all of you. (I'm like you though and would hate the thought of it).
Congratulations to Ryan! I understand (a little) what you are going through Shea. We almost had to move to Virginia a couple of years ago. We were even looking at houses. I was having a very hard time with it. In the end we chose not to go. It's possible that this will turn out to be one of the best things you & your family ever did! When do you have to move?
You could move all the way up our way ;)
Congratulations on the new job.
Post a Comment