Friday night I spent with my friend Kelly and her friend Samantha both from Sutton, Massachusett. They were in Salt Lake for a math teachers conference and I met them there to give them a tour of the city. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Salt Lake since it always seems like someone else is driving when I go. I used Mapquest and was able to figure out how to get a few scrap book stores because Kelly said "Utah is the Mecca for scrapbookers." Samantha requested we see the temple so I did and awesome parallel parking job right by the temple and we walked around it for a few minutes. Then we went to eat at The Training Table and they liked that we ordered our food with a phone in our booth. They were really fascinated by the mountains and how close they were. Samantha used the word "wicked" a lot when referring to them and that made me happy because that's how I expect people from MA to talk. Kelly took pictures and said she'd email them to me so I'll have some to post later.
Yesterday we took the girls bowling at BYU because Hanna passed off her times tables and she had decided that bowling would be her reward. I beat everyone with an awesome 110 but I have to admit a couple of frames would have been zeros if it weren't for the bumpers. Still I won and that's what counts. The air hockey table that I was sitting on when Ryan and I met is still there and Grace asked me if that was the table and I told her that, yes, that was the sacred air hockey table.
I went to the adult session of Stake Conference last night and then after we went out to eat with friends at The One Man Band in Santaquin. I went once when we first moved here and that was enough for me. The clientele of this place is just bizarre. Most people looked homeless or slightly inbred. I was a little afraid that they were going to gather around our table chanting "one of us, one of us". It's a classy joint but it's about all Santaquin has to offer.
Next week is Spring Break and I'm planning on celebrating by doing nothing. The weather is supposed to be decent and the trampoline has been set up so the girls are taken care of. We might head to Heber to see Amanda and go swimming at a pool in Kamas. The week after that, Ryan and I will be in Chicago which both of us are looking forward to.
2 comments:
The Training Table IS a Utah original and you should take any out of state visitor there, because it is nearly the best. I love Training Table with all my heart!!!
Um...don't look at the time that I posted this comment, because I should be at stake conference, but I'm not...
I'm so happy it is not going to snow in our neighborhood next week!!
How romantic that "your" air hockey table is still at the bowling alley.
I had not idea Utah was the "mecca for scrapbookers." I'll have to come by.
Sounds like a busy week. I hope the spring break week does bring some nice weather for you guys.
Post a Comment