Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh My Gosh Y'all, It's My BIRTHDAY!




Mom and Me
January 12, 1974

Yes it's that time of year again. The time where I want everyone to stop
what they are doing and remember the glorious day that I was born. It's
true. I really want people to make a big deal about my birthday. I'm
sure it's due to some childhood birthday trauma or low self-esteem but
that's how it is mister. I'm 33 now, halfway to 66 which I hear is a
big deal. On my birthday I take a second to think about what I thought
my life would be like at 33. I guess it's not far from what I imagined
it to be. I'm married with kids, although Ryan is not an brain surgeon
who keeps me in diamonds and furs but oh well. I thought I'd have four
kids named Star,Morrissey , Roxanne and Sunny or insert ridiculous name
here. The four kids did not happen and while that is a topic for
another post I'll just say I'm glad I got the two I did. I've decided
that year 33 is going to be The Year of Shea wherein I accomplish big
things. This will be the first year in many where I'm not trying to get
pregnant, pregnant, miscarrying or having a baby. I'm free to do
whatever I want with my life and I'm going to make good decisions. One
goal is to keep it up at the gym and finally have that body I've always
wanted. Not just skinny but firm. I have more but I think it's good to keep some things to myself. Anyway I just wanted to reflect a little and tell those who helped me make it through 33 years that I love them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shea!! Hope you have a wonderful Day!

Carol said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEA!!!! WOOHOO!! Hope it is a great one!!

PS. I am LOL at your Morrissey child. Now I can't get "Girlfriend in a Coma" out of my head :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Shea!!!!!! I am also a firm believer in "my" day being a big deal.. we do a whole birthday week!! LOL!!!

Have a Wonderful day and a wonderful year.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Shea :)

mom said...

Happy Birthday Shea, Although we have already sung it to you. We are proud of your accomplishments and love you and your family. I can hardly believe it has been 33 years since that picture was taken. Don't you love my blue eye shadow? I think we always made a big deal about birthdays so that is why you expect it. Don't you think? Have a great and let your family spoil you because I'm not there to do it. Love you Mom

me said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHEA! I gave up with my day being a big day when I had kids and realized people don't care bout me no mo. *sniff* ;) Here's to "The Year of the Shea."

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shea!! I am wishing you the greatest year EVER!!

Anonymous said...

Also, that is a beautiful picture of you and your mom. You were a gorgeous baby. I love all of that dark hair and your slightly pouty little lips. I see Grace in you there.

I am glad that you were born, that I was blessed to be your neighbor for four great years, and that we will always be friends! Love, Krsitin