Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Cleaning

Someone is coming to look at our house today and I have mixed emotions about it. I don't like the cleaning involved but it is nice to have a super clean house. I like the idea that someone will buy our house so Ryan doesn't have to commute two hours each day. Mostly I get sad when I think about leaving my friends. This is the story of my life though, move somewhere, find good friends and then either I move or they move. We were talking about starting a book club and it hit me that I'm most likely not going to be here when we do. I guess the positive thing is that I'm not moving out of state, which means I will be able to keep up friendships but I'm realistic in knowing it won't be the same. I'm going back to the state of denial I've been living in and not worry about this until our house sells.

My jobby job is more than halfway over and I couldn't be more happy. I'm done on the 18th and then Ryan and I have tickets to see The Police/Elvis Costello on the 19th. The next day we'll leave for Canada. It's makes it easier when you have something to look forward to. My nose picker has resorted to being "sneaky" when he picks his nose. He now turns his back to me thinking that I can't see. I've got news for you kid, I can still see you picking and eating your nose candy. I think I'm seeing improvement in my students which makes me feel good but I have a fear that they might lose it all again in the month before school starts. Hanna and Grace come now and then to "help" me. The first time they came and I started singing and dancing at circle time, they just stared at me in disbelief and then started to laugh. My brother and I were talking about having similar reactions when we would go with our mom to school. I guess I'm not doing enough of singing and dancing at home. I was made fun of in Chicago by certain "friends" so I'm now too self-conscious to dance. Apparently I never learned how to "shake my booty" properly. Give me a break though, I'm a white mormon girl from southern Alberta!

I'm going to leave you with a video of the Magrath School park which I played on many a times and now my kids play on. I almost threw up once on the tire swing after I ate an Eat-More. I can't eat Eat-Mores anymore. The church I went to growing up also makes a cameo. I found this on YouTube so enjoy.

Cool fact: My brother and his friend built this skate park. Go Monti!

12 comments:

Monti said...

The story of my life is move somewhere new and make no friends.

Kristin said...

Very cool park. They don't make 'em like they used to.

I hope that things go well with the potential buyers.

That concert is going to be so fun. I so wish that we could go too.

Summer seems to just be flying by this year. I want to come to school and watch you sing and dance at circle time too. Maybe Hanna and Grace could tape you and you put it here on the blog.

Anonymous said...

This has been a great way for you to get a real taste of teaching. You'll probably never have 4 kids again although I had 7 in a kindergarten class in Nobleford one year. Have fun and dance all you want to. Little kids don't judge you. They just think you are great. Mom

Shea said...

Monti it's because you're moving to places like Milk River and Paddle Prairie.

Monti said...

Yeah you're probably right…

Hey, was Ryan able to pick up that thing? I need to get the serial # and model for my importation papers.

Thanks! I should have called last night.

Monti said...

Oh, also that video made me nauseous.

We should make a better one this summer!

Shea said...

He's been sick the last couple of days and Dad only called him tomorrow. He'll do it on Monday.

Monti said...

Tomorrow?

Ha. OK thanks!

Monti said...

I hope Ryan is feeling better. Sick in summer sucks.

How is the house looking going?
I'm feeling bummed about ours.

Shea said...

I think he's getting worse. I could only take out $400 today so I'll have to take the rest out tomorrow and buy it on monday. Only one couple came to the open house and a few others took flyers. Not good news.

noelle said...

That park does look cool - it's true new parks are so lame and 'safe'.

Good luck with the house selling. Has Ryan already started the commute?

Shea said...

He has been commuting for a few years now. It's just since he was made a sergeant that they have wanted us to move.