After much deliberating and mostly deciding that I wasn't going to do it, I got up this morning and ran the Magrath 5K, by myself. I asked mom and the girls to come with me so I didn't feel like a complete loser. I felt okay about the run in general. I didn't walk and that was my main goal. Since in true town fashion (to be fair, they don't charge anything for the run) they didn't time us, so I don't know exactly what my time was. Mom and I think it was around 34 minutes which I'm happy with. About a mile into it I wanted to walk through the fish pond and go home but I didn't. The last mile I wanted to fall down and throw up but I didn't do that either. I don't know why running isn't easy for me but I do feel good about completing another 5K.
Nervously waiting to start. BTW this is a great picture to show how disproportionate my thighs are. I have huge thighs don't I? You'd think I could run super fast with those monsters.
The last few feet where I was just telling my feet to keep moving.
The end. I'm going to puke!
I thought I'd post this picture because we've been doing a lot of this. I gave the kids their Wii when we got here and Grandpa provided the Guitar Hero.
11 comments:
WTG on the 5K! My VCR ate my Taebo tape so I haven't exercised in over a week, so you make me feel like a slug....that needs to maybe go for a bike ride....or something.
Hey Shea, Great job on the run. I would have loved to run if I was there. If we come next year I would love to do it. Anyway, enjoy your famly! Have lots of fun. I would love Dill pickle chips and an ice cream slurpie right now!
Carrie
Congratulations on finishing the race! I've never been able to run more than a mile. So I think running over 3 miles is a great accomplishment.
Congrats - and you look good at the end, too. I think you've inspired me to get some real running gear instead of running around all the time in my old I am Canadian t-shirts ...
The real running gear is kind of a motivator. It also doesn't chafe which I have a problem with when I just wear old t-shirts.
Nice job on the run and I have to admit your guitar hero skills are really coming along. Good work. Hopefully we can work on DDR soon.
Way to go on the 5K. Very inspiring and you look like an athlete, a beautiful athlete. Cant' wait to see you next week and be sure to let the kids have a turn with the guitar hero. lol.
Congrats Shea!! Great run - and you do look great at the end even wanting to puke.
Wow Shea congrats on your run!! Isn't Guitar Hero addicting!?
Great Job on the run. That is amazing that you did it. You are Queen Shea to me.
We might get a Wii for chritsmas. Maybe. I afraid we will get addicted and we will need a 12 step program.
Wooooo you go girl!
I've always wanted to run, but heck, half the time I can't even walk. lol. But do you have a "running room" where you are? apparently they teach people how to run... I might try it out someday but after I loose a little more weight first!
Post a Comment