Friday, July 25, 2008

Dogs!

Today mom wanted us out of the house so she could get ready for her high school reunion that she was hosting. Becky and I took the girls into town to get a manicure, then after some shopping (we stopped at the candy store again) we got Subway and drove down to the river bottom to have a picnic. After we ate and the girls played on the playground for a bit, we decided to walk to the river. Up ahead of us there was a young hipster dufus with his mean looking Rottweiler. Becky and I were both wary but Becky thought it looked like he was leashed to the park bench. As we walk toward him hesitantly, the dog runs toward us barking. My immediate thought was, "He's going to eat us!" Becky yelled, "What the *&@#!" The guy was pretty quick to respond and started apologizing. "I'm so sorry. I thought he was chained up. He's never done that before. He's never bit anyone." The adrenaline was pumping and I said, "Everyone who has a dog says that!" Maybe when you see three little girls walking up you should make sure that your bred for fighting dog is actually secure.

3 comments:

Monti said...

Dogs suck!

SuburbiaMom said...

I cringe hearing stories like this! Glad your kids are okay.

Anonymous said...

I knew something was going to happen - I don't know why we didn't turn around when we saw that dog - it just seemed so negligent to not restrain such a powerful dog I figured the dude had to be aware. Well, I'm glad that you had the presence of mind to tell him off - it could have gone a lot differently. My mind was racing trying to decide which part of my body I needed the least. There should be a Rottweiller ban in my opinion - seems like the most dangerous breeds have the least responsible owners.
Becky