Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation

The weather here has been cool and rainy which is cramping my plan to have the kids outside 24/7. They did go swimming with Grandma yesterday in the perpetually cold Magrath Pool and actually stayed in the water for a long time. Becky bought pink hair dye for the girls so I put a couple of streaks in their hair last night. I had put together a little Class of 92 dinner at Earl's but people have been bailing and my family wants to do something that night, so I'm feeling discouraged about the whole thing. I'm thinking about canceling it. I'm still planning on running the Magrath 5K Saturday morning and had a decent run yesterday morning. I saw a bunny on my run which is always a bonus. Speaking of bunnies, we saw the saddest thing last night. We were sititing on the porch when we see the local stray cat walking up the yard toward us. I noticed she had something big in her mouth. Becky said, "It better not be that little bush bunny we were playing with the other day." Sure enough, it was the cute little baby bush bunny in the cats mouth. Becky was super upset, as was I, so we made Monti go over and get rid of the cat. KICK! The cat ran under the porch and it was bugging me that she was under us munching on that bunny, so Monti went inside and got the soft air gun and started shooting toward the cat. I didn't want him to hit the cat because I still have a soft spot for cats, even if they are bunny murderers. Becky said she would have no problem getting a real gun and finally taking care of the cat that she's had a thing against since it bit Beth. It was pretty comical watching Monti shoot at this cat and the cat running around the yard. Good times at the Toly home.

6 comments:

Tisa said...

Wow, Canada just might be the BEST place on earth! At least your having a good time. Hey give me a call when you can or give me the number, I have funny story about Sweet you know who.

Melissa Miller said...

I'm all for shooting the cat. I am not so much a fan! When will you be home? I have a 25% off total purchase (friends and family pass) for Gap and Old Navy to share with all, if you are interested!

The Roelofs said...

Hey Shea, I am sorry about everyone bailing out on the supper at Earls. I would be totally going if I was there. Hope you enjoy your time with your family. Hopefully the lovely Alberta weather is nice the rest of the trip. HAVE FUN. Enjoy the Magrath Days! Take Care. Carrie

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing was Monti doing gangland shooting styles in the yard. Maybe we should bury that poor bunny. BETSY!!!! Your DAys are Numb3rd!!
Becky
PS _ ready to get your Dark Knight on tomorrow? I am. See you at 4:50 as I am pulling out from work the second I am off.
Did you want to do any manicuring with your girls on Fri? I had promised Beth that if she stopped biting her nails I would take her for a manicure and she has dpne really well.
How was the Wii unveiling?
Laterz

Monti said...

Becky, we know you left work early today!

I am *not* a person who is cruel to animals, I just wanted that lame cat out of here before the kids saw what it was carrying.

Wii action is going good; we created a band and are working our way to the top!

Lori-Ann said...

Sounds like good times Shea! LOL!! I say shoot the cat - I'm a dog person myself.