Sunday, July 06, 2008

Stadium of Fire

Karen's husband Jon works at BYU and was able to get us tickets to The Stadium of Fire this year. Normally it's not that hard to get tickets but this year Miley Cyrus was headlining. I think the tickets were sold out within ten minutes. Our family had never been before so it was very exciting for us. We started the day with the parade and it didn't end until midnight. We went to the Freedom Festival after the parade and Grace jumped on a trampoline with bungee cords attached to her. We also did face painting and rock climbing. It was 100 degrees outside but luckily it was overcast most of the day. Still I was dripping with sweat most of the time but the kids were troopers.

The Stadium of Fire was fabulous. I had a great time during Miley because Grace was so into it. The fireworks at the end were the most amazing I'd ever witnessed.

Hanna, Taylor and Grace waiting for the Stadium of Fire to begin.

The entire stadium was full by the time it started.

A huge American flag was dragged across us. Grace is holding it up.


Grace is getting her dance on to Miley. She was a dancing fool which was fun.

Hanna's at that age where she's all about being cool. I don't think she thought liking Hannah Montana was cool but I could tell she was excited.

Even Karen and I got the jazz hands out. Isn't that how the cool kids do it?

Here is a video of the Miley action.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds like a party. Glad you had a good time. Becky

Susan said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. The only time Jeff & I made it to Stadium of Fire was when we worked concessions. I think Alabama was playing that year.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow how super fun for your girls!!!

Tisa said...

Jazz hands huh. Were the fireworks awesome right there in the stadium?

Shea said...

They were really awesome.

Ter said...

looks like you had a good time, but how could you even SEE the stage? from your video, it doesn't look like you could see much!

Kristin said...

Looks like a great show. That will be such a cool memory for the girls. And you all look beautiful.