Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm a teacher!

I finished my last day of teaching kindergarten summer school today. I'm glad it's over but I'm also glad I had the experience. I don't really know what to write about it. I'll have to think about it a bit. One mother came to ask me today if she should keep her daughter in kindergarten or move her into grade one. I consulted with her teacher and we both recommended that she repeat. I felt good about what we suggested and I think we reassured her mom. The girl is really young so I think she just needs a year to mature. I did grow attached to my kids and I saw progress in the four weeks so I'm feeling good about that.

The blogging might be sporadic for the next few weeks because we are heading to Canada to visit the family on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to some time away from life here. We have two weeks to do whatever we want. We have a Wilde family reunion, dinner out with high school friends and a trip to Waterton planned but that's it. Tomorrow night Ryan and I have tickets to see The Police and Elvis Costello. Ryan's been wanting to see Elvis for a long time so I'm hoping it's great. I apologize for the boring blog post but the majority of my life is pretty boring.

Grace finally lost her other top tooth yesterday but the other one still isn't growing in. It's been months! Has this happened to anyone's kids?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mal lost her teeth right around Christmas and one is now half way through....the dentist said it takes a while..have fun in Canada!!!

Mellykins

Anonymous said...

Yeah - Beth lost hers a long time ago - April I think - and she said she can feel one coming now.
Becky

Ter said...

Have fun on your trip. wave to me as you drive by, even if you're not really driving by! ;)

Re: Teeth, I had a tooth that never came in. Eventually, my other teeth started to come in and were trying to grow underneith the one that was suppoed to be in that spot. Later, I had it scraped out, yes, SCRAPED out! I was concious too, ouch. No wonder when I had widsom teeth that needed pulling I took the option to be out cold! ;) But in Grace's case, I bet they are just slowpoke teeth. ;) Think of it this way, she's going to look young and cute for a while. Let's hope it comes in because it might not be so cute when she's older. ;)

Monti said...

Yay! Par-Tay in Canada! And I don't have to be working this summer - bonus!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are excited to see you. Have a safe trip. We have had nice hot but not super hot days and cool nights so I hope it is not as hot here as it was last summer when you came up. We also put heat repelling film on most of our window so it should be much cooler. We think it is. Love you all. mom

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that Gracie looks so cute with her missing teeth. Beth and Gracie will look like twins. Mom

Susan said...

Have fun your vacation!

Tisa said...

Hope you have a good time on your trip you deserve it.

Michelle said...

Have fun in Canada, Grace looks adorable. I'm sure they will be in before you know it, try not to rush the awkward teeth stage. lol.

I had to laugh about the driving speed, sounds like Brian and me!

Quinn said...

About the teeth

It sort of happened to Isaac. He lost his front teeth about 3 years ago. But he knocked them out. Ouch. So, they didn't just come out on their own.

Now, three years later the first one has grown back in and he is still missing the second on.

He has since lost a molar to an abscess (this kid and his poor teeth). Because it was a molar we had to get a spacer placed but that isn't necessary with those front teeth.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those toothless grins. Grace looks adorable!