Sunday, July 20, 2008

Montana

I'm doing some mobile blogging in Montana on Ryan's laptop. The concert last night was great. Our only disappointment was that Elvis only played for an hour. He really shouldn't have been an opening act but I think most people there were to see Sting. Not The Police but Sting. Most were middle aged and drunk. If you want to see some bad dancing, stand behind a middle aged drunk woman. I told Ryan she was "making love to the music."

Now we are on the road to Alberta. We're meeting my brother's family in Great Falls, Montana which is just an hour or so away. Nothing very remarkable has happened so far on the trip. Ryan and I have been fighting about the speed we drive. I can't go under the speed limit when I'm on a long trip like this. Even if logically I know it doesn't get you there much faster, it kills me to go any slower than 75. Ryan is trying to get good gas mileage so he wants to drive 65. I think I would have to take multiple Xanax if he were to do that so he has agreed to go 70. I balance it out by going almost 80 when I drive. See, this is how a great marriage works. It's all about compromising.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay - I am glad you made it! Let the party begin - except for when I have to go to work - If I knew how to make a sad emoticon, I would totally put it here.
Becky

Luisa said...

One time I was next to a drunk middle-aged lesbian. At first she was hilarious but as she got drunker it just got to be annoying. Especially as she was hitting on me and running her fingers through my hair. I just kept worrying about where her hands had been.

Quinn said...

You saw sting? I am so jealous!

Enjoy your trip.