Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to school

I tried to think of a better title for this post but I've got a cold and that makes brain dumber. The girls went back to school today and I went back to work. I was promptly told to go home and not come back until after Labour Day. They don't have enough for us to do until they evaluate the kids. Don't they know I can look busy for five hours easy? I had a lot of practice working for the Town of Magrath.

Grace picked this entire outfit out on her own. This really reflects Grace's style which she describes as "rockstar".

Hanna's shirt says, "Save the earth, ride a horse." This is me giving up some control.

I'm glad my kids like going back to school.

It's not cool for parents to take pictures of second graders in the classroom.

I took this one just to piss her off.

Me imitating Grace in my classroom.

12 comments:

JoEllen said...

Great pictures shea!! Enjoy the time at home!

Melissa Miller said...

Everyone I know has a cold...in the summer. I wish that wasn't possible! What did you use to curl Grace's hair?

Shea said...

I get those white soft curlers at walmart. They have a wire through them and you just wrap and twist. This time I combed it out because Grace didn't want it too curly.

Kristin said...

Love the pictures. With your cold and subsequent "brain dumber", it might be nice for you to have a couple of weeks off. Hope that you are feeling better soon to enjoy all of that free time.

Susan said...

The girls look so cute. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Shea - they're so adorable! I love the rock star look. hahaha So are supply lists for your kids ridiculous? I've spent $120 so far and I still haven't found everything my 2 need. (that doesn't include clothes or shoes either!) Why does a first grader need 5 boxes of crayons?

Shea said...

Dori I only pay $25 total for school!LOL! I don't have to supply anything. I did get them a pencil case and bought a few little things to put in it but that was my own doing.

Lori-Ann said...

Got to love back to school time! The girls look so cute! Hope you are feeling better though.

Anonymous said...

Shea what luck you have two payless weeks to yourself, no kids. THe girl's outfits are super cute. They are learning to pick out their own outfits. Good for you! Letting them have some control is hard but good for them. Mom

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yuor girls look great!!!!!!!!!!!

So do you!!!

Quinn said...

We start Monday.

You all look great. I hope you all have a good school year.

Ter said...

How can summer be over already?! But, it is....

On the upside, you got a bloggy award over at my blog, so check it out. ;)