Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Waterton


I wanted to go to Waterton when we were home this time because it had been a couple of years since we were there. I knew the kids were old enough to do hikes and I wanted to climb Bear's Hump with them. We did the typical Waterton things, went to The Prince of Wales, ate at Zum's, had ice-cream and fed the squirrels at Cameron Falls. It was also a typical Waterton day, cold and windy, but as the day went on the weather improved.

Mom with all the grandkids at The Prince of Wales.

The obligatory Cameron Falls shot.

Hanna at the top of Bear's Hump.

Aww how romantic. Monti and Ryan sharing a moment.

I'm tired. That hike is a killer. Short but deadly.

Bear!


The squirrels were loving the Spitz Becky had us bring.

8 comments:

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Your daughter hearts rodents. How Cute!! I hearted a chipmunk at our summer cottage in June then my sister told me that they are rodents and I probably had rabies from them. Great.
Mom of three dies from touching a rodent thing.
Hope you had hand sanitizer.

You know I am just joking and being sarcastic, I am such a scared cat of truly being a sarcastic without telling you I am joking. I am a dweeb.

Kim S said...

The scenery in your pix is so beautiful. It's amazing what you westerners are used to. AFter riding through Indiana for a day and seeing nothing, I'm so jealous. Looks like you had a great vacation.

Anonymous said...

Man, that is the quintessential trip to Waterton. Someone at work was telling me there was a huge lineup to get into the park this weekend - sounds like you picked a good day to go.
Laters
Becky

Anonymous said...

Shea - I've loved reading about your trip. I can just feel your love for your home town and family. Glad you had an awesome time! The girls looks adorable in all the pics!!!
~Dori

Melissa Miller said...

I would freak out if I saw a bear! We are going to 7 Peaks on Thursday (if it is not too rainy), so we'll look for you guys.

Shea said...

Alyssa there was this lone squirrel who we bribed with Spitz and then he bit my nephew! He was some sort of social outcast squirrel. Hopefully he didn't have rabies.

Lori-Ann said...

Love Hanna's reaction to the squirrels...the pictures you got are beautiful!

Ter said...

Great photos! Are those squirrels or chipmunks? anyway I can't believe they are able to touch them. Great that you got it on video!