My mom was in an accident yesterday. She went to sit in a chair on their deck and the chair wasn't all the way on, so she fell off the deck. I got one of those phone calls you dread. My dad barely able to speak which immediately made me think my mom was dead. Luckily she is alive but in a lot of pain. There are some other issues with preexisting conditions they found on the x-rays but I'm not going to worry about those until we know more. It's left me feeling helpless because I'm so far away. Monti (my brother) is only 40 minutes away so he was able to go over yesterday and his phone call after reassured me. I start teaching summer school on Monday and I'm frustrated that, for the first time in 10+ years I actually have a summer commitment that prevents me from rushing home and helping. My mom called yesterday when I wasn't home and told Ryan that I shouldn't worry about her, that she's sure she'll be better in a few weeks. My mom is the eternal optimist and I believe if she thinks it, it will happen. Why Monti and I didn't get more of her positive thinking is just one of nature's cruel tricks. Thoughts and prayers for my mom, Calee, would be very appreciated.
Just so this entry isn't all bad news, I thought I'd put this 1930s Marital Scale for everyone to try. I was only an average 1930's wife. Honestly, I think I lost major points because I do frequently eat onions, radishes, or garlic before a date or going to bed. Hmmm radishes.
9 comments:
D-oh!
I think it should be…
Mmmm…radishes.
He y Shea sorry to hear about your mom hope she recovers soon.
Fun quiz!
Tisa
That's too bad. Hope she is feeling better soon. Keep us updated.
Wishing your mom a speedy recovery! I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was!!
Thanks for your concern. I am feeing a tiny bit better but still very very sore when I get up or down. Shea's mom
I hope your mom is feeling better soon Shea! Your family is in my thoughts & prayers :)
Shea- thinking about you guys and your mom and wishing her a speedy recovery.
Yikes...I scored 80 on the Marital test...what does that mean? Nothing good I'm sure.
Sorry to hear about your Mom, Shea. :(
Prayers and positive thoughts for her. {{HUGS}}
How is she doing now?
Post a Comment